Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiso Valley - Weather 2014/3/30 00:09
Hi!

Would anyone happen to know if Kiso Valley is still snowing currently, or if it gets snow in April? If so, is it still advisable to walk the Nakasendo from Magome to Tsumago?

Thanks!
by snowleaf (guest)  

Re: Kiso Valley - Weather 2014/3/30 10:04
Would anyone happen to know if Kiso Valley is still snowing currently

No, it is not currently snowing.

or if it gets snow in April?

It is very unusual but not impossible for the Kiso Valley to see snow in April.

If so, is it still advisable to walk the Nakasendo from Magome to Tsumago?

It depends on the amount of snow. Likewise, I do not recommend to walk the trail if it is raining strongly (because it is not pleasant). You will have to make a judgment on present conditions. If in doubt, inquire at the tourist information desk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley - Weather 2014/3/30 18:33
Thank you very much for the advice Uji-san!
by snowleaf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley - Weather 2014/3/30 22:11
I cycled up the Kiso valley a week ago. I hiked from Nagiso to Magome along the old nakasendo the next day. It was really pleasant. I take Uji's point about rain but on a dry day it's already lovely. There is a free tea stop shortly after the high point of the route heading from Magome. It's well worth stopping there for a break especially if the guy manning it has any home made plum wine left
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley - Weather 2014/3/31 01:36
Wow, appreciate the tip. Thanks as well Stan! :)
by snowleaf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread