Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prepaid cards 2014/3/30 16:15
If I get a IC prepaid card in Nagoya,and it still has credit,can I use the same card in Tokyo?
by farkennel  

Re: Prepaid cards 2014/3/30 18:28
Yes, Toica and Manaca cards can also be used in Tokyo. The basics are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid cards 2014/3/30 19:19
Thanks mate.I just wanted to make sure that when I get to Tokyo with the Nagoya card I could use it rather than getting a new card.
by farkennel rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid cards 2014/3/30 22:41
If you wish to return it for a refund, then you must return it in the card's original area. A Toica cannot be returned for cash in Tokyo, for example.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid cards 2014/3/31 08:38
Just a minor point: I think it is possible to return a Toica card at the few ticket offices in Tokyo Station and Shinagawa Station that are operated by JR Central (as opposed to the more numerous ticket offices by JR East).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid cards 2014/3/31 17:02
Thank you folks.I`ll take my (yet to get) card to Tokyo.I understand that I cant get a refund unless its at the issue station.f there is o
by farkennel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread