Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okunoshima 2014/3/31 21:09
Hello,
I plan to visit Ōkunoshima and i would like to know how often the boat leaves from tadanoumi to the island ? (from which hour to which hour ? every 1 hour ? every 30mins ?...)
Thanks in advance
by Loussai  

Re: Okunoshima 2014/4/1 12:37
Based on a photograph I had taken in Nov 2013, first passenger boat (客船) departs for Okunoshima at 7.45am. The journey is stated as 15mins, but I vividly recall it to be much faster. Could depend on sea conditions, too.

Unless there has been a change, the travels alternate between passenger boats and I think non-passenger ones.

May I know what time will you be at Tadanoumi station? The intervals for passenger boats vary from 1 hour in the morning to about 1hr 20mins in the afternoon. Starts at 7,45am, last boat -to- Okunoshima is 7.30pm.

On the other hand, the schedule is at Tadanoumi port itself, so if you aren't too sure, refer to the schedule at the ticket booth. You can't miss it :D
by Sky Captain (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Okunoshima 2014/4/3 19:25
I don't know when we will be at Tadanoumi station. It depends on when the boat leaves.
I plan to adapt our timetable on it.
If you say that the boat leaves every hours, it's more restrictive that every 15 mins for example.
so thank you for your answer :)
by Loussai rate this post as useful

Re: Okunoshima 2014/4/4 17:22
If going to Tadanoumi by train on Kure Line, I recommend you plan ahead with Hyperdia or something similar. Kure Line runs about once every 30-40mins. There is a little room at Tadanoumi station itself with some seats if you arrive just after the boat leaves though.

As advised by many sites, any luggages are best stored at Mihara station if you are travelling by Shinkansen with the JR Pass. One couple i met brought theirs to Tadanoumi and couldn't find anywhere to store theirs.
by Sky Captain (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Okunoshima 2014/4/8 16:05
Ok thanks a lot for your advices :)
by Loussai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread