Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka - Kyoto for 6 days 2014/3/31 21:33
Hi guys could you be so kind enough to comment on our itinerary.

April 11 (FRIDAY - Arrival at Osaka @ 8:00 PM
Staying at APA Hotel Osaka.

April 12 (SAT)
Osaka Castle, Sumiyoshi Taisha, Hozenji Alley
Shopping at Dotonbori, American Village

APRIL 13 (SUNDAY)
Check out @ 10:00 AM
3:00 PM Check in at URBAN HOTEL MINAMI at KUSATSU (this is where we will base ourselves for our Kyoto tour)
Nijo Castle
Kiyomizudera Temple
Higashiyama
Gion @ night
Pontocho

APRIL 14 (MONDAY)
Ginkakuji
Nanzenji Temple (Philosopher's Path)
Maruyama Park

Fushimi Inari
Daigoji Temple

APRIL 15 (TUESDAY)
Whole Day in Arashiyama and Sagano area

APRIL 16 (WEDNESDAY)
Whole day in Yoshino hoping we still get a glimpse of the cherry blossoms.

APRIL 17 (THURSDAY)
Check out at 10:00 AM
Lunch around the area.
Last day of shopping around Kyoto (or maybe Osaka)
Our departure is at 8:40 PM so we were thinking we need to be at the airport at 6:00 PM just to be sure.

What do you guys think? Is this doable.
I'll be traveling with my mother who is pretty fit (but she is in her 50s) also with me is my pregnant cousin and my sister.

P.S. I will stay for an extra day. So I'll live Japan in April 18. Still thinking where to spend it. Maybe Narra?
Thanks for all your help. This site is incredible.

by siriusdan (guest)  

Re: Osaka - Kyoto for 6 days 2014/4/1 08:14
I live in Osaka and visit Kyoto often.
Your plan isn't doable if you ask me. Its much too cramped and you won't have enough time to fit everything into your day.
A lot of the temples / shrines in Kyoto take a long time to walk around and check out and then the transfer time in Kyoto (i'm presuming you're using buses / trains) can often be quite long.
You need to pack less into your days.
by JumpinJackFlash (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: accommodation 2014/4/1 21:48
Why will you base yourselves in Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture for trips to Kyoto?
You plan to visit Kyoto City on normal weekdays, so I suppose there are still some vacant rooms in accommodation facilities around Kyoto Station, from reasonable ones to high-class ones.
It takes about 20 minutes just to travel from Minami-Kusatsu Station to Kyoto Station.
I suppose it will be easier to change hotels once in central Kyoto than traveling between Kusatsu and Kyoto every day during 4 consecutive days, considering that travelers include an expecting lady.
(Just to make sure: This Kusatsu is not Kusatsu Town known well for hot springs, which is located in Gunma Prefecture in Kanto Region.)

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka - Kyoto for 6 days 2014/4/2 03:15
Thanks for the replies. We originally wanted to stay around Kyoto Station but almost all of the hotels are either fully booked or out of our budget. The hotel we are staying in Kusatsu (Shiga) is only about 1 minute from the JR Minami Kusatsu Station. I am thinking the 20 minute travel from this station to Kyoto Sation will not be such an ordeal for my cousin and mother (at least I hope).

I do agree that my itinerary for April 13 and 14 is a bit too cramped. I might bumped off some sights. I will try to limit at least 3 sights per day. Do you think that is enough?

Also for my extra day I'm pretty sure I'll be spending it in Nara. Saw some pics of the place and so far I like what I see.
:-)
by siriusdan rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka - Kyoto for 6 days 2014/4/2 17:34
For the sake of your pregnant cousin, I'd suggest that you trim down your itinerary. The walk from bus stop to Kiyumizudera is uphill, for example. Whenever I'm in Kyoto, I base myself around Shijo Kawaramachi since there are a lot of bus stops in that intersection or 1-3 blocks around it.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread