Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 00:08
i plan to travel to japan at July
arrived at kansai airport and directly go to Kyoto (3 night) - Fuji (1)- Tokyo (2) - Osaka (3) - Kobe (1) - Hirosima (1) - Fukuoka and go back from Fukuoka

what i want to ask are :
- i want to buy ICOCA Card one way trip at Kansai Airport but when i arrived its already midnite (11.00).. can i buy it from card machine? i'm afraid that the JR office closed already..

- if i want to travel from town to town like i mention before.. can u help me to choose the most suitable card so i can safe money?
i plan to buy JR Past but when i calculate the cost if i buy it and not buy ( kyoto fuji 10900 yen , tokyo osaka 12.000 yen ).. JR Past is still expensive more than 35.000 yen

- i want to watch Gion festival at Kyoto but i want to know that around 14-17 July .. shop still open at kyoto or they closed it because the festival?

- Many people say that summer can be really hot in japan.. i check that the temperature can be 27 Celsius but my friend said it could reach 40 Celsius is that True? (14-28 July)

thank u very much for your advice before =)

really really appreciate ittt

Feli

by feli (guest)  

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 14:55
i want to buy ICOCA Card one way trip at Kansai Airport but when i arrived its already midnite (11.00).. can i buy it from card machine? i'm afraid that the JR office closed already..

You can buy the icoca card from the machines, but it won't get you any savings. Or are you talking about the Icoca + Haruka package?

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html

That would need to be purchased at the JR Offices, which close at 11:00.

- if i want to travel from town to town like i mention before.. can u help me to choose the most suitable card so i can safe money?

A 7 day JR pass will pay off if you do most of your long distance travel within that time period. Try moving Osaka to the end and doing more long distance in the 7 days starting with your Fuji day.

- i want to watch Gion festival at Kyoto but i want to know that around 14-17 July .. shop still open at kyoto or they closed it because the festival?

They are still open

- Many people say that summer can be really hot in japan.. i check that the temperature can be 27 Celsius but my friend said it could reach 40 Celsius is that True? (14-28 July)

Record temps are in the low 40s, but averages for Kyoto are more like 31 C in July:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 15:49
Feli,
Plan your travel this way to maximise 7 day JR Pass

Assumption: entry Japan - KIX and exit Fukuoka
(x days in parentheses)

Kyoto/Osaka (3+3)
Then activate JR pass for Tokyo/Fuji(2+1), Kobe/Hiroshima(1+1) Fukuoka(2)

Compute the costs(with vs without JR Pass), it's easy to see that you gain significant savings with nation-wide JR Pass.
by Yet Another (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 16:04
Thank uu for the information =) aaaa so if i arrive at 10.30 i can not buy icoca + haruka? So sad... is there any other way to purchase it either by online? But i still can go by haruka at midnite from Kansai airport right? But maybe with regular charge? Thank uu
by feli (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 16:46
If you can get to the JR office by 11:00 you can buy it... BUT the last haruka leaves at 22:16 so it would be rather pointless even if you did get the ticket in time. Either way, the train probably isn't the best option for the late night transfer. Try the bus instead:

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/kix/t_kyt.html

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 18:18
Waaa.. then its a bad news for me coz my plane landing at 10.30 but there is still luggage and queing imigration.. maybe it will end about 11.30 until 12.00. Im afraid i can not reach either bus or haruka to kyoto

thanks for the info .. is there any other option that i can take? I want to go for gion festival so badd if i stop 1 night at osaka it will double the cost then

thank uu

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 18:40
You shouldn't have too much trouble making the bus to Kyoto. Alternatively you could stay near the airport and head to Kyoto the next day. I'm not sure what cost is being doubled though.

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 19:04
Also, there's a taxi service that is affordable. You gotta make advanced reservations and I'm not sure how late they can pick up.

http://www.mktaxi-japan.com/#!kyoto-kansa/cji5

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 19:04

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 23:08
thank uu.. maybe i will follow ur suggest to take some hotel near kansai.. but so sorry i more quesstion =) if i stay at hotel near airport can i go back inside the airport to buy icoca card +haruka and go to tokyo from there? im afraid i can not go back inside

very very thank u

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/1 23:10
or i can take haruka from any jr station?

Re: buy Icoca card at midnite? 2014/4/2 18:24
Hi feli,

if i stay at hotel near airport can i go back inside the airport to buy icoca card +haruka and go to tokyo from there? im afraid i can not go back inside

You can go into the train station. Both JR and Nankai train stations are outside of the immigration/emigration area in the airport. I think this is true in all over the world.

Therefore you can go to the JR train station (ticket office is open after 05:30) and buy Icoca & Haruka. Earliest Haruka to Kyoto departs at 6:30 which will reach at 08:03.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPOR...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread