Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/2 20:07
Hello everybody, I will be coming to Tokyo next week for the first time! It will be a business trip but I will have two free days.
What do you suggest me to see in such a short time? Do you have any strong reccomandation on some sights or some activities I should do?
I love food, shopping, local culture, sport, electronics!
Can you also give me your best spot for cherry blossom seeing? It should be on next week right?
Thank you so much for your help!!!
by Ema (guest)  

Re: 2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/3 17:01
What do you suggest me to see in such a short time? Do you have any strong reccomandation on some sights or some activities I should do?
I love food, shopping, local culture, sport, electronics!

- Meiji Shrine / Harajuku / Omotesando
- Asakusa Sensoji Temple / Nakamise Avenue / Tokyo Skytree / Ameyoko (Ueno)
- Akihabara
- Tsukiji Market (Sushi Dai, Daiwa Sushi) / Ginza
by CL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/3 17:04
Thank you so much for your help! Any other suggestion is welcome!
by Ema (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/4 06:08
Join a half or whole day tour with Hato Bus if you are not a budget traveler.
http://www.hatobus.com/en/

by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/4 07:22
For food: Tsukiji Fish Market and the surrounding streets where you can find some very old sushi restaurants. There is so much food to try in Japan really, I don't know where to start. A good option if you want to try a lot of things at once is to go to an Izakaya. Other must-eats are Ramen Noodles and Yakiniku (bbq).

For Shopping, anywhere really. Shibuya for fashion, Shinjuku for a good mix of everything, or try the Ginza for some luxury department stores and the Sony centre. For some more budget shopping Ikebukuro is really my favorite place to go. For electronics specifically, there is Akihabara.

As for local culture, this can be divided in ancient and contemporary. There are some nice shrines and temples such as Meiji Shrine at Harajuku Station. The whole area around Asakusa station has the best "old vibe" and is home to a beautiful temple. The new Sky Tree is right around the corner as well. For contemporary culture, Akihabara is interesting to observe the love of the younger generations for games and manga. Harajuku (and Yoyogi Park on the weekends) is fun for spotting the cosplayers.

For sports, there is ofcourse the Sumo stadium at Ryogoku station. If you like baseball you could visit Tokyo Dome.

If I had two days I would at least visit the following places: Shibuya (because of it's iconic value, this is the Tokyo you see in the pictures), Asakusa (although a bit touristy, very enjoyable for the beautiful temple), Ginza and Nihonbashi area (shopping and it reminds of how Tokyo was during the Meiji era) and Akihabara (for the culture-shock effect).
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days in Tokyo can help me with suggestions? 2014/4/4 16:09
Wow!Thank you all again for your kind answers! I have just one last question about "hamami", where do you suggest me to go to see the cherry blossom? Just one place, the best for you!
Thanks again
by Ema (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread