Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

suica or pasmo? 2014/4/2 23:05
What's the different suica and pasmo card? I"ll be in tokyo for 5 days. Which card will be suitable for traveller like me? I am not travelling to other part, staying in tokyo and arriving at haneda and will be taking train/metro to hotel located at asakusa
by traveller chan  

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/3 09:50
What's the different suica and pasmo card?

Suica is sold by JR East. Pasmo is sold by the non-JR companies in the Tokyo region.

Which card will be suitable for traveller like me?

Apart from the sales points, they are virtually the same as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/3 09:53
Sucia is better. You can use suica in Kansai (Kyoto, Nara, Osaka), Kanto (Tokyo) and other parts of Japan. As far as I know, Pasmo is basically used in some areas.

I use Sucia for a long time and never had any drawbacks, but Pasmo isnt valid in some areas.
by SameMe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/3 09:54
SameMe's information is not up-to-date. Please read the page I have linked, instead.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/3 10:58
A Suica Card and a PASMO Card work the same.
(Suica Cards are issued mainly by JR-East, also by Tokyo Monorail and TWR. PASMO Cards are issued by PASMO.)

staying in Tokyo and arriving at Haneda and will be taking train/metro to hotel located at Asakusa

Asakusa area is not covered by JR.
Unless it is very late or very early in the day, you can get issued a PASMO Card in the station of Keikyu in HND then use it to travel to Asakusa Station (A-18) by Keikyu lines and Toei subway Asakusa Line, taking one through train.
Please feel free to ask a Keikyu station attendant which train you should take.
- Asakusa Sta. of Toei subway and Tokyo Metro subway
http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/subway/stations/asakusa/i/solid.gif
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/asakusa/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif
Note: In Tokyo, usually "metro" refers only to Tokyo Metro subway. Toei subway is not officially called "metro" in English.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/3 23:35
To asakusa, i should be taking keiyu line and toei subway.
Seem like PASMO cover most transports such as subway & metro- these are the lines i should be using for my trip in tokyo.
Does PASMO coverJR line too?
by traveller chan rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/4 00:15
Does PASMO cover JR line too?

Yes, except on Shinkansen lines.
The Suica-PASMO network has almost all railroad (including subway and monorail) sections in Tokyo and some railroad sections in prefectures surrounding Tokyo.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/4 05:00
One potential reason to choose one over the other would be if you plan on returning the card for your deposit upon departing Japan. You cannot return your Suica except at a JR manned station, and Pasmo needs to be returned at a non-JR station. This might be important depending on how you leave Japan.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: suica or pasmo? 2014/4/5 02:09
Thanks for all the info
by traveller chan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread