Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsukiji Market - 2016 Move 2014/4/4 00:10
Since the actual move won't be until 2016, this is probably a bit early to be worrying about it, but because I am planning a trip for May of that year, I'm curious:

When Tsukiji Market moves to its new location, what will happen to all of the small shops and food stands in the surrounding area? Will they be moving as well, or will they stay where they currently are?

by frippscratch  

Re: Tsukiji Market - 2016 Move 2014/4/4 07:25
The new Toyosu Market is scheduled to open by the end of the 2015 fiscal year, which ends in March 2016. I would expect that major wholesale operations at Tsukiji will end around the same time as they start at Toyosu Market.

I believe the outer market at Tsukiji will remain as it is, but a most of the former wholesale market will cease to exist.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tsukiji Market - 2016 Move 2014/4/5 04:00
Thanks, Uji.

I have a feeling I'll be awake early on my first day and was thinking I would just head to the Tsukiji area that morning, so I'm hoping the outer market area is still intact and open for business then.
by frippscratch rate this post as useful

reply to this thread