Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kanto Area Pass and sakura mid-late April 2014/4/4 00:51
I have not been to Kantou for some time and on impulse will be arriving in Japan via Narita on 16th April.

I understand the sakura around Tokyo would have wilted by then and hence the idea of using JR Kanto Area Pass.

As of 1st April 2014, this has been added to the pass "You can now also use Ordinary Car reserved seats on the limited express trains operated jointly by JR EAST and Tobu Railway ("Nikko", "Kinugawa", "Spacia Kinugawa", etc.). It sounds like the range has expanded alot!

What is the most value for money place I can visit using this pass any day between 17th and 25th April just to (possibly) see sakura? The rest of my itinerary will be planned around it. Thanks in advance!
by hitori  

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass and sakura mid-late April 2014/4/4 08:22
As of 1st April 2014, this has been added to the pass "You can now also use Ordinary Car reserved seats on the limited express trains operated jointly by JR EAST and Tobu Railway ("Nikko", "Kinugawa", "Spacia Kinugawa", etc.). It sounds like the range has expanded alot!

I wouldn't say that. It has expanded by just four round trips per day to a destination that used to be accessible via different trains even before.

What is the most value for money place I can visit using this pass any day between 17th and 25th April just to (possibly) see sakura?

Possible destinations are Kawaguchiko and some cherry blossom spots in the mountains of Gunma, Tochigi and Saitama Prefectures.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass and sakura mid-late April 2014/4/4 17:56
Thanks for the quick reply Uji.

Specifically which towns or parks in Gunma/Tochigi/Saitama will be a good idea?

Preferably the JR Kanto Area Pass will cover the entire cost of the traveling to this destination.
by hitori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread