Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin airport to hotel, etc 2014/4/4 02:40
Helloes,
I will probably be making use of takuhaibin during my trip to Japan to avoid dragging lugguage through big cities like Osaka and Tokyo.

I will be arriving in Osaka Kansai Airport where I have a hotel in Osaka. Not sure where my hotel will be booked, but in case I would travel by many transfers I would prefer to send lugguage.

1. Is same-day delivery possible?

2. Does Toyoko Inn hotels or other business hotels (Mystays?, Super Hotel) generally accept my lugguage before I arrive.

3. In case I would stay at a hostel, I suppose it's less possible for them to accept my luggugage if it arrives before me. What would happen in that case? Will they store the lugguage for me in the takuhaibin company and return later?

I will later make a domestic flight from Kansai Airport, however, since it's a morning flight (9 AM) and the case with rush hour and many transfers would apply, maybe sending lugguage is a good idea.

4. Is it true I have to send it two days before departure?

5. Why is it two days and not one?

Lastly. I will be taking a train through some stops from Sapporo to Tokyo, probably sending lugguage there too.

6. How long would it take to send lugguage from Sapporo to Tokyo? Perhaps 2 days?

7. Since making stopovers maybe my lugguage will arrive some days before me. Is it possible to make them deliver it later (i.e. the day I arrive in Tokyo)?

8. Is it possible to specify a delivery time?

Thanks in advance for your help!
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Takuhaibin airport to hotel, etc 2014/4/4 09:36
1. Usually not. Better use takuhaibin during your trip, when you can send big pieces of luggage one day ahead.

2. Yes.

3. As long as there is someone at the hostel reception who takes it, takuhaibin company will not keep it. You will need to contact the specific hostel to see what their policy is. Sometimes they have lockers. Sometimes they just store it under their reception counter.

4. Are you talking about sending your luggage to your departing airport? Don't send it to the departing airport, but simply send it to the next hotel. If you are flying to Hokkaido or Okinawa, they might say it takes two days, but sending to your next hotel is less of a hassle.
Other than that, usually one day before, but before the pick-up time (meaning, you cannot expect to drop it off at 9pm and expect to get it the next day. Each pick-up location has their closing time for the day, usually 3 - 4 pm.)

5. I know that if you want to send your baggage to your departing airport, they ask you to drop it off two days beforehand - takuhaibin companies want to be sure that those leaving on international flights in particular don't miss picking up their luggage! So they are being cautious.

6. Probably 2 days.

7. Yes. Or contact the hotel to ask if it's OK i arrives earlier.

8. You can specify delivery time: 9 - 12, 12 - 14,14 - 17, etc.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin services 2014/4/4 16:31
To Question 1.
: Same-day delivery services are not available usually to individual customers but available mainly to companies only under limited circumstances.

To Questions 4. - 6.
: When you send items by a delivery service to another region, for example from Hokkaido or Kansai to Kanto, itfs better to dispatch your package by two days before the day you may need the content.
: Congestion may make a delivery service require a longer time.
: In the last month there were rushes apparently to send items before the rise in consumption taxes on the 1st of this April. It was also in a high season of moving to new houses. These two factors caused congestion in transporting goods, which in some cases delayed delivery.

To Question 7.
: You can make your package delivered a few days later than the day it usually should arrive.

To Question 8.
: You can specify a time zone as you hope, but it does not guarantee the timing of the delivery.
: Please note that if you do not specify a date, your specification of the time zone applies to each of the days your package can be delivered.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread