Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Itinerary - Christmas 2014/4/4 08:19
Hi All,

Just wanted some confirmation of my proposed itinerary for a group of 4, 2 couples just under 30 with 2 having been to japan before.

Travel period is 13 Dec-13 to 3 Jan-15.

The last week is going to be skiing location unknown at this point, likely Nozawa Onsen. None of us really want to a rushed itinerary so this is what I have ended up with:

Day 1: Arrive via Narita, overnight in Tokyo
Day 2: Travel to Fuji Q (a favour to my younger self)
Day 3: Fuji Q Highland, stay Lake Kawaguchi
Day 4: Lake Kawaguchi / Travel to Kyoto
Day 5-8: Kyoto
Daytrips (Nara / Mt Shoyu included in the above)
Day 9: Travel to Hiroshima via Himeji
Day 10: Miyajima, stay Hiroshima
Day 11: Travel to Tokyo
Day 12-15: Tokyo
Day 16: Travel to Nozawa
Day 17-21: Skiing
Day 22: Travel to Narita

Specific questions I have:
We are all foodies, would Osaka be better than Hiroshima (I have been there before but no one else has)?
Is a JR rail pass worth it? If so, when is the best time to activate it?
I wanted to show my partner kenrokuen but am concerned it won't be impressive in winter, am I wrong?
Is there any way I can catch a baseball game? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Last time I was there I went to the Tamiya model factory, any other similar sggestions?

thanks in advance for your help.
ads
by Ads (guest)  

Re: Japan Itinerary - Christmas 2014/4/4 11:21
We are all foodies, would Osaka be better than Hiroshima (I have been there before but no one else has)?
It is kind of subjective but I had one meal okonomiyaki which is better than osaka or tokyo. You might also want to check out kobe beef at kobe.

Is a JR rail pass worth it? If so, when is the best time to activate it?
14 JR pass will likely to be worth it. You might need to move Tokyo to the beginning or the end of your trip so you can fit in 14 days.

I wanted to show my partner kenrokuen but am concerned it won't be impressive in winter, am I wrong?
It is subjective.

Is there any way I can catch a baseball game? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
It is off season so most likely no.

by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Itinerary - Christmas 2014/4/4 14:04
It is kind of subjective but I had one meal okonomiyaki which is better than osaka or tokyo. You might also want to check out kobe beef at kobe.
Yeah i did think about Kobe. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it more.

14 JR pass will likely to be worth it. You might need to move Tokyo to the beginning or the end of your trip so you can fit in 14 days.
I thought about this, it depends on how keen people are to go to Fuji Q. the reason I have structured it the way it is, is to get there before school holidays start. If i can find (reasonable flights 9for some reason there is a large difference at the moment) we might try and fly into Osaka and out of Narita. Should make the travelling easier/all in one direction.

It is subjective.
I think we will give it a miss.

It is off season so most likely no.
Thought as much, thanks though.
by Ads (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread