Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/4 14:12
Hey all,

Would like to know will I still be able to see some other species of cherry blossom in Shinjuku Gyeon by 22 of April?

And anywhere else I can see cherry blossom somewhere in tokyo?
Is okay even if its not full bloom.

Truly appreciate that , thank you!
by Jessica Lim (guest)  

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/4 21:23
No. The sakura trees in Shinjuku Gyoen will be bare by then and everywhere else in the Greater Tokyo Metropolis too I reckon from the recent weather. Maybe you can try Hachioji?

Personally I will be traveling during that period too and will be traveling out of Tokyo for the sakura. Most likely I will be heading to kawaguchiko.
by hitori rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/4 21:36
Well, they wouldn't be "bare," they would be rich with green leaves, which is very pretty in a different way. But yeah, you won't see a petal of sakura in Tokyo that late.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/5 00:08
"Flowers bare" was what I was thinking.

Sorry for the bad English.
by hitori rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/5 16:40
YES, there should still be a few cherry tree varieties in bloom around April 22, especially Kanzan and Fugenzo trees. And possibly a couple of Kiku-zakura, the one with the most petals of them all:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_species.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/8 13:31
Hey, how about during the first week of April 2014? Will there still be a place where we could see cherry blossom? Thanks.
by Eugene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/8 15:52
We are arriving tokyo tomorrow. Where should we run to to see cherry blossom :-) thanks!
by lseehk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/8 19:58
You will not see that in Tokyo that late.
Are you planning to visit the Mt Fuji 5 lakes Area by any chance? Late April is usually the cherry blossom season in the Lake Yamanakako / Kawaguchiko area because of the high elevation of these locations.
by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/8 19:59
BTW, Lake Yamanakako/Kawaguchiko is about 2 hours from Tokyo.
by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom late April in Tokyo 2014/4/8 20:53
For late April flowers, you may want to consider wisteria. Of course they're not cherry blossoms, but they're very beautiful!
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread