Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places worth visiting near to Akihabara? 2014/4/4 23:13
Hello,
I'll be taking my first trip to Japan next week with a few relatives. So far we have got most of the things we'd ideally like to do when we arrive, but I'm interested in whether there is anywhere close to Akihabara that is worth visiting? (Mainly due to the fact that I would be going with older relatives that probably wouldn't last an entire day around Akihabara haha). We have other trips planned around Tokyo such as Ueno, Asakusa and the Tokyo Sky Tree on other days so I'm specifically looking for somewhere that can be done along side visiting Akihabara in a single day.

Thanks a ton.
by Jacobski23  

Re: Places worth visiting near to Akihabara? 2014/4/5 19:54
How about Yanaka or Ryogoku?
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Places worth visiting near to Akihabara? 2014/4/8 08:39
The Edo-Tokyo museum is in Ryogoku only two train stops away from Akihabara. It's one of Tokyo's best museums with lots of info on Tokyo history. Ryogoku is also a likely place to spot sumo wrestlers since there are many sumo stables in the area. It's awesome to see the sumos ride bikes around the area.

For more on Tokyo museums, check out my post: http://www.blaineanderin.com/the-best-art-and-history-museums-in-tokyo...
by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: Places worth visiting near to Akihabara? 2014/4/8 21:11
I would leave elder relatives in Ueno Park really. There is museums to see, park for walk and rest, even zoo...
Or, if they are interested in gardens, Koishikawa Korakuen is nice and calm place (like escape from city rush..)
by girl with pearl earring (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread