Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ghibli Museum Tickets 2014/4/7 17:35
Hi I'm Arcie. My husband and I together with my 5 year old son will be arriving Tokyo,Japan on April 27 and we will be staying @ Daimon, Sotetsu Fresa Hotel. Until May 2. Then go to Kyoto for another week then be back in Tokyo around /may 8-9. When is the best time to visit Ghibli Museum? Where can i buy reserved reasonable priced tickets? Arigato!
by MAria Arcie Acero (guest)  

Re: Ghibli Museum Tickets 2014/4/7 18:33
As soon as you arrive, go to Lawson and see if you can get tickets from their "Loppi" machine. Ask for help from the store staff.

As I look at their tickets availability calendar now, for April the only time slot I see available is at 4pm on April 28 (they are closed on April 30).

For May dates, the tickets become available only from April 10th.
May 8th/9th are after the Golden Week holidays, so it might be easier. Note that they are closed on Tuesdays, so for your time in Tokyo 13th it's closed.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ghibli Museum Tickets 2014/4/8 00:04
You can check whether you have a chance to buy reserved tickets outside Japan.
See "How to buy tickets outside Japan" in this webpage.
http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/en/ticket-information/

If you donft have that chance, you still can try buying reserved tickets inside Japan through Lawson, which is a major convenience store chain.
How to buy a reserved ticket for Ghibli Museum, Mitaka using a Loppi machine of Lawson is explained in the following webpage.
http://www.lawson.co.jp/ghibli/museum/ticket/english.html

In any of the two cases, you need to exchange reseved tickets for admission tickets at
Ghibli Museum, Mitaka. Once you get admitted, you can be there until the closing of the day.

As is suggested by the anonymous poster at 18:33, a weekday after the Golden Week season (April 26 - May 6 in 2014) sounds better for visiting the museum with a little child.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Ghibli Museum Tickets 2014/4/8 02:07
The answers that have been given already are both good. If you're not able to buy the "overseas tickets" but either don't want the hassle of going into a Lawson or want to improve your chances of getting tickets then you could use an online shopping service. I have personally used Bridge Jpn (http://en-blog.bridge.jpn.com/2012/05/ghibli-museum.html) and thought they were good, just ask them to post the tickets to your hotel(informing the hotel beforehand). Of course, you do have to pay a little extra for their services. In my case I considered it worthwhile, since I was visiting the museum on a very popular day, but I imagine you probably won't have any problem buying the tickets when you arrive in Japan.

Best
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ghibli Museum Tickets 2014/4/8 03:30
The Loppi machines are a little tough to navigate if you can't read Japanese characters, but I used the instructions posted above and managed to figure it out with a little help from another patron in Lawsons. I think the part I stumbled on is when it asked me to enter my name.

Good luck, the museum is pretty cool, especially if you're a big Ghibli fan. I recommend taking a stroll in the near by park when you're done at Ghibli.
by Higgz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread