Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train timetables 2014/4/7 23:06
Hi all

Ifm trying to figure out the best times to travel and how long my transfers would take.

I had a look at Hyperdia and noticed that trains from Nagoya o Hiroshima stop rather early on a Sunday. Ifm attending the Suzuka Grand Prix and opted to travel early next morning. I donft think that we will make it to Nagoya before 8pm, which makes it difficult to get a train at that time of the evening. Are there any alternatives? Maybe a train that arrives past 12am wonft be a problem for us as we are staying in a hotel attached to Hiroshima station anyway.

The other bit that Ifm struggling with is the trip to Narita from Kyoto. We have booked a hotel near the airport to avoid waking at a God awful hour in the morning. The original idea was to stay in Kyoto until as late as possible and then get a train to Narita. But the journey I mapped seems to take 4 hours and the last train is at about 6pm arriving at Narita after 9 pm.

Am I searching correctly?

Thanks in advance
by pirespt  

Re: Train timetables 2014/4/8 12:37
About Kyoto to Narita.

I am assuming that you have a JR Pass, and I am only using JR trains.

Well, I would take the 17:33 Hikari 530 to Tokyo, and then take the Limited Express Ayame 1 to Narita, arriving at 21:38.

So, yes. you are correct.

The latest that I could get Hyperdia to arrive at Narita was if I took the 19:56 Hikari 482 to Tokyo, got on the Sobu Line to Chiba, and then took the Narita Line to Narita, which arrived at 12:36 AM. Are you really wanting to knock on a hotel front door after midnight?
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Train timetables 2014/4/8 12:53
If you really wanted to stay in Kyoto late, why catch the Sunrise Seta/Sunrise Isumo and get a nobi-nobi seat. If your pass expires on this day, you could try to catch the train just before midnight.

The night train departs Himeji at 23:35, and you can depart Kyoto at 22:13 and make it.

If you will have an active JR Pass on the final day, You could catch the night train at Osaka Station at 00:34 AM. You could take the 23:54 special rapid service from Kyoto and make it.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Train timetables 2014/4/8 16:55
Thanks both,

I think I'll take the 17:33. The reason why we staying in Narita is so as not to wake up very early in Tokyo and make our way to the airport. We prefer to have a relaxed last night.

What time do people have dinner in Japan usually. I mean would I be able to have dinner in Narita say after 22:00?
by pirespt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread