Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climbing Mt Fuji - guided tour or not? 2014/4/8 13:34
Hi there - my boyfriend and I are interested in climbing Mt Fuji I around the 2nd week in September. Do you think a guide/tour is worth the price or could we just climb it by ourselves? Thanks!
by melllllanie  

Re: Climbing Mt Fuji - guided tour or not? 2014/4/8 22:57
Have you read this site yet?
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climbing Mt Fuji - guided tour or not? 2014/4/8 23:02
yup - have definitely read the site and have also done additional research. my question was mainly around whether or not the \36,900/Person + 5% Tax price was worth it to go on an organized hike up to the summit. it seems like your answer is no?
by melllllanie rate this post as useful

Re: Climbing Mt Fuji - guided tour or not? 2014/4/9 07:28
I think what they're trying to show you is that mid September is out of the usual two climbing months of July and August and that the authorities are trying to reduce the number of climbers outside the season. If you're on your own you may have trouble finding open huts and you'd want to be experienced climbers.

This is just from reading. I haven't climbed myself so take this with a grain of salt.
by chasingme (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climbing Mt Fuji - guided tour or not? 2014/4/10 22:53
The 2nd week of September, you'll find that there are still quite a few huts open on Mt. Fuji, on the Yoshida trail. Transportation to the various 5th stations will not be as frequent, but you shouldn't have any problems, especially if you choose to start from the Kawaguchi-ko 5th station.

Just so you are aware though, the mountain huts at the summit will be closed so its probably not a good idea to start from the 5th station at night and climb straight to the summit in time for the sunrise. You wouldn't want to get to the summit way early, as there won't be shelter in case of bad weather and you will most likely get very cold.

Check out this page on the fujiyoshida website for finding a mountain hut to stay in.
http://www.city.fujiyoshida.yamanashi.jp/div/english/html/lodging.html
by FujiMountainGuide rate this post as useful

reply to this thread