Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/9 18:45
Well I have a problem, A few days ago a japanese friend sent me on facebook many poke every day, so I wrote her a message telling her that every time I send a poke and I see her picture I think she has a wonderful smile. Now she no longer responds... :(
Why?
by takaoni (guest)  

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 11:32
That's no "problem." She just must be satisfied to see some reaction from you - a nice compliment. She might have been just waiting for SOME kind of reaction, she got it, so mission accomplished. Just a "how are you doing?" might have led to the same result.

Isn't "poke" on Facebook a nuisance, though? In English it is "poke," but in the Japanese version it is "say hello" or "greet someone," so people press that button instead of properly saying "hello" on your post or sending you a message :) Usually I am glad when someone STOPS sending me "pokes" :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 17:26
Hey thank you! Finally she answered! she told me "u are cool" :D I'm really happy becauze I really like her!!!
by takaoni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 22:02
I would like some advice... I would like to buy her a gift,but she might like to receive it? What would be her reaction? It's just a cute bracelet, not a gift challenging.
Help me :)
Thank you!

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 22:23
Dude, just calm down. Each person is an individual, so no one here knows her personality or how she'll react. Doesn't matter what race she is!
If you feel it's the right thing to do, then just do it.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 23:19
That would be moving way too fast. It would make your relationship awkward and she may be scared off.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/10 23:37
Thanks guys, you're right this is moving too fast.
I know it's stupid but her smile has kidnapped me and wanted to do or say something nice to surprise her xD
Thx to all

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/11 00:54
it is so funny how everything always end in no responds or no longer reply.. i laugh, i laugh very hard
by SomeGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/12 03:55
@takaoni

Before sending any gifts, make sure she's o.k with it. I assume you already have her address and known her for a while, as in really good freinds that communicate frequently. Not just facebook poking and greetings. If not, don't send it. It might scare her away.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange question about japan girl 2014/4/12 04:11
Thank you very much to all guys :)

"Poke" is now "Poke" 2014/4/12 05:21
Slightly off topic, on the Japanese language version of facebook, "Poke" has been changed from あいさつ to "Poke" (in English alphabet) quite a while ago, which I would say is even more confusing than あいさつ. Just for reference.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread