Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 03:11
I want to make a reservation at a massage saloon preferably, but a beauty salon is fine too.
The area would be Kanto, though preferably Ibaraki.
I'm not living in Japan, nor am currently there, so the only way I thought of doing this, is as described in the question.
I would like to make a reservation and pay via credit card (or other means, like paypal or so) in advance.
I've searched through some sites for those kind of salons, but most just have forms to make an appointment, without paying in advance on their homepage, and I called some of the salons, and have been told that they only take cash.
Does anyone of you know a salon I could do the thing I want?
Or perhaps this sounds a bit childish, but maybe there are some japanese services, so I could ask them to make a reservation to me?
Help is appreciated.
by SevenSevenSeven  

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 10:29
why the need to pay in advance? I doubt if you'll find anyplace like that.
by ed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 10:45
As far as I know (living in Tokyo/lived in the vicinity of Tokyo), beauty salons ony take cash. Some that offer expensive hair treatment and other services might take credit card, but it's better to assume cash payment.

Also, booking is simply made via phone (or e-mail/web form) with no advance payment. PayPal is not yet widely used in Japan.

So you will be traveling to Japan in the future, and would like to put in an appointment, at any massage salon (I mean without knowing what services/their reputation is) just by the location, and pay in advance?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 14:40
Thanks for the replies.
I forgot to mention, but the reason I want to pay in advance, is, because it is not for me, but for someone else (a japanese person).
I won't be there at the time.
I'll be there at the end of the month, but I'd rather give her a nice relaxing time while she has to work currently.
That's why.
But I guess it's impossible, after all.
But anyway, thanks, I appreciate your replies.
by SevenSevenSeven rate this post as useful

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 14:43
Ah, and sorry for posting twice in a row, but I'm not an idiot.
I checked the websites of the salon well, checked on websites regarding beauty salons and made sure there is a kind of course I thought she would enjoy.
I also would have done the same, if people had given me some salons that would have offered credit card payment.
I wouldn't have just gone and arbitrary made an appointment without knowing anything.

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 16:27
Wonderful thoughts :) After I posted my initial response (the first "...(guest)" here again), it occurred to me that you might want to do that for someone else... maybe if you find a chain that offers gift vouchers, you might have a chance.

OK, for example, I know a "relaxation" (body, head & shoulder massages and reflexology) salon chain called Raffine. One of my favorites, and they are located nationwide. In Ibaraki, they have 10 locations - 3 in Mito City, 5 in Tsukuba, 1 each in Moriya and Tsuchiura.

I checked their website, and they sell gift card (gift vouchers) valid for five months from date of purchase. One voucher worth 2,160 yen, or equivalent to 20 minutes of their massage. This is something you could pay with credit card, and probably be able to have the vouchers themselves sent to the recipient?

http://www.raffineclub.jp/SHOP/91392.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/12 18:39
Just an idea, but you can try doing a Groupon and gift it to the person. You'll also save money too!!!
by felguard rate this post as useful

Re: Massage salon - advanced credit card payment 2014/4/18 18:11
Thanks a lot for all the replies.
In the end, I ordered the gift vouchers now, but thank you all.

reply to this thread