Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4G data enabled device for 3 months 2014/4/12 06:25
greetings all, and thanks for providing such insightful and useful information on these forums. This summer I will return to Japan for a 3 month internship. I found that in my previous times in Japan the most useful tool I had was a data enabled device which allowed me to use my GPS and maps feature, and internet. I also liked to have data connectivity on the phone, but did not need voice at all. I know that there are prepaid Sims which I have used in the past from b-mobile, however, they were always 3G, relatively expensive for little amounts of data, and always kept my downloads at horrible slower speeds. This summer I was wondering if there were any resources available to somebody who was staying for an extended stay to get a 4G enabled device. I was wondering if it would even be possible to buy perhaps a tablet on Amazon Japan and somehow acquire a SIM card. My phone is about a year old so I am due for an upgrade but I know that United States phones especially those on Verizon will not work on the 4G network in Japan. So my final question is this --is there a SIM card available for extended stay which is reasonably priced for which I can stick in a tablet or mobile phone that I can get in Japan?or is there another way to go about this? Thanks very much.
by hgeek23  

Re: 4G data enabled device for 3 months 2014/4/13 13:43
http://service.ocn.ne.jp/mobile/one/charge/

leased DOCOMO 3G/LTE ranges of data usage plan to suit your usage, all , ranging frpm 980yen(50mb/day) to 1944yen(8GB/mth at 500kpbs )

require credit card and local address/contact, can cancel anytime or change plan(once per month)
by ocnmobileone (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4G data enabled device for 3 months 2014/4/13 14:14
Any way to also get on the monthly wi2?
by hgeek23 rate this post as useful

Re: 4G data enabled device for 3 months 2014/4/13 18:52
ocnmobileone, thank you very much.
will the mobile one sim work in any mifi device? If i buy an unlocked Huawei E5220s-6 will it work in that?
by hgeek23 rate this post as useful

Re: 4G data enabled device for 3 months 2014/4/14 13:45
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread