Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

suica return at narita if arriving on bus 2014/4/13 23:06
I've read that one can return the suica pass at narita at the jr nrt station. I'm arriving at narita, however, from the bus since I am staying very near the TCAT. Will I be able to easily reach the jr station at narita easily if I am arriving via bus?
by greenight (guest)  

Re: suica return at narita if arriving on bus 2014/4/14 08:59
I've read that one can return the suica pass at narita at the jr nrt station.

Suica is a prepaid card, not a pass. It can be purchased at all JR stations around Tokyo, including Narita Airport and all the JR stations in central Tokyo.

Or in case you refer to the SUica&NEX package, note that it was discontinued.

Will I be able to easily reach the jr station at narita easily if I am arriving via bus?

I don't understand the question.
by Uji rate this post as useful

- 2014/4/14 09:34
sorry!' I do mean suica ic card. My question is regarding the return of the ic suica card at narita in order to get the deposit back, as well as any remaining money on the card (I mistakenly put too much money on the card and I know I won't use it all up before I leave-I am also aware that I will have to pay around 220 yen processing fee).I read that I should return the card to the narita jr station but I am not arriving at narita by jr train. I am arriving at narita by bus because my hotel is very near the tcat bus station in tokyo. Wil it be inconvenient to return the suica card at narita, or would be best for me to return it the day before my flight home, maybe at tokyo or ueno station? I do not know the geography of narita and if for example those who arrive at the narita jr station must take a shuttle to the airport, making it difficult for those who do not arrive at narita by jr to return the suica ic card?
by greenight (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: suica return at narita if arriving on bus 2014/4/14 10:41
If you take the bus to Narita it will drop you off at the departure lobby of the airport. After checking in for your flight but before clearing passport control you can go down to the basement level where the train station is to return your SUICA.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: returning a Suica Card 2014/4/14 19:24
I'm arriving at Narita, however, from the bus since I am staying very near the TCAT.
I read that I should return the card to the Narita JR station

You do not need to visit Airport Terminal 2 Sta. / Narita Airport Sta. of JR-East only to return a Suica Card.

If you get issued a Suica Card by JR-East, you can return it in a major JR-East station in Tokyo, such as Kinshicho (near Kinshicho (Z-13) on Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line) and Kanda (near Kanda (G-13) on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line).
Suitengumae Station (Z-10) is on Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/pdf/routemap_en.pdf

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread