Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

carrying Indian food items to Japan 2014/4/14 17:22
Hello friends.
Just wondering if i will be allowed to bring some Indian Basmati rice, pulses and other cereals to Tokyo. Will the officers check and not let me bring in to the country?

thanks....
Shambhu
by Shambhu Jee (guest)  

Re: carrying Indian food items to Japan 2014/4/16 06:40
I will reply on the assumption that it is intended you try to import individual to Japan. If for sale, cumbersome procedure other is required.

When you bring them, before passing through the customs, there is a need to get tested in the plant protection counter at the airport you. It is a test range that the pesticide outside the standard, and does not contain any pest, the soil. Also in some cases the certificate by the State agency will make your need. As an example, peanuts is it required.

Then, for the rice for personal consumption, as long as 100Kg within a year, tariff and payment may be waived. Make a notification in plant protection counter is mandatory.
http://www.pps.go.jp/english/index.html
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: carrying Indian food items to Japan 2014/4/16 21:50
I will carry those food items for my personal use as it is cheaper than buying that of in Japan.
I am still confused whether to carry them with me....
thanks..
by Shambhu Jee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread