Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan experience 10-15 days 2014/4/15 16:35
Hi!
Can someone please help me make the itinerary doable.
I plan to go to japan on May 1-10. I'll spend the first 4days in Tokyo then may 5-8(Kyoto-Nara-Hiroshima-Osaka), 9(mt Fuji) then 10 in Tokyo again

Can someone please tell me if may 5-8 is doable.
I plan to arrive in Kyoto on May 5 and spend the rest of the day there.
May 6- Nara (and Osaka?)
May 7- Hiroshima
May 8- Kyoto and head back to Tokyo

Is this doable? Or maybe I should put may 5 for Nara, 6 for Osaka and 7 for Hiroshima and a half day in Kyoto.

Btw my base would be in Kyoto for May 5-8.

Thank you!!

And would you suggest that I buy a jr east for my firsts few days in Tokyo so that the 7 day pass wouldn't be much waste? Thank you!!
by cybi1108  

Re: Japan experience 10-15 days 2014/4/15 19:29
for the first few days in Tokyo i would just get a suica card, passes in Tokyo don't tend to save too much. Then a Full JRPass activating when you leave for Kyoto will cover you until you get back to Tokyo.

you will be on a very fast paced travel plan, consider travelling to Kyoto on the evening of the 4th - it gets dark early in Japan and i personally prefer to travel in the evenings to save daylight hours.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan experience 10-15 days 2014/4/16 20:15
If I travel to Kyoto on the eve of may 4, what should I take?
by cybi1108 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan experience 10-15 days 2014/4/17 02:19
The last JR Pass-compatible Tokyo/Kyoto Shinkansen leaves Tokyo at 8 pm, arrives in Kyoto at 11. The full timetable is at

http://english.jr-central.co.jp/info/timetable/_pdf/westbound.pdf

note that with a JR Pass you cannot take the trains marked N (Nozomi) or M (Mizuho).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan experience 10-15 days 2014/4/17 02:23
And to answer your second quesiton, no, a JR East Pass if you're just staying in Tokyo does not pay off. You should buy a 7 day JR Pass, and activate it when you leave Tokyo (so the 4th).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread