Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/16 20:49
There was a series for tv that I was very interested when I was in Japan. In January, when I was visiting in Osaka and I was at the hotel watching tv in the morning, and there was a documentary of a couple of this young man who fell in love with a woman, who was mentally slow, I think, and she was paralyzed, so she could not walk. He had many obstacles to be with her and no matter what, he was always there with her. They got married, had a beautiful ceremony, and decided to have a child together. From what I remember, she gave birth to their child, but she died shortly afterwards, and I cried about that. It was such a special story that they made a television movie about it. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I wished to know the whole story, but it was in Japanese and could barely understand what it was about, and what was wrong with her. Thanks for your help.
by GMKR79  

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/17 16:02
it looks like this:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/houtama/last/110703.html

movie version:
http://sakigake-tsushin.com/dakisimetai-eiga-netabare/
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/17 22:55
Is it in english or Japanese, after reading your comment and checking out the link, i have to watch it.
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/18 02:03
It's all in Japanese. It's such a warming, yet tragic story, to me anyway.
by GMKR79 rate this post as useful

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/18 02:06
...and that's the one I was looking for! Thanks, Ken! Even my fiancé had no idea what it was.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/18 03:32
is it in Sub?? they website is in all Japanese... i cant read Japanese...

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/18 09:16
I wish there was, but I don't think there is, unfortunately. :( now that i have a website to work with, I can show this to my fiancé and she can tell me a little of what it's about. I'm really glad I seen a part of the documentary back in January. Then I can finally figure out the whole story from the beginning.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/18 09:46
I'm happy to help you.
your explanation was very accurate.
I just googled the 3 words "麻痺 結婚 ドキュメンタリー", "
"paralyze marriage documentary"

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/20 03:39
Thank you again, Ken. I didn't even know what the people in the documentary were saying, but one doesn't need a language to understand by just looking at what was happening. Like I said, I even cried, even though I didn't know what they were saying.

Thanks to the link, I showed them to my fiancé and she read the story. She was also moved and told me what it was about. All she said to me after she read it was, "WOW...just...WOW!" I somehow hope it goes into DVD and when I see my fiancé in August, I'll try and buy it. Again, many thanks, Ken! I appreciate it very much!! :D

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/20 11:04
if you like these kinds of Japanese movies, I recommend "いま会いにゆきます"(direct translation of the title is "Now, I am going to meet you"). the story is a bit complicated. I needed to watch this movies twice to understand it. Finally, I realized the meaning of the title and shocked. impossible but impressive.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/21 07:45
I like those kind of movies! Thanks again! I did like another movie I watched on the plane on my way back home from Tokyo. It may be a "girly" romance movie, but the plot was very good, in my opinion, and was a surprise twist in the end. This is the link for that, and I think it's out on DVD this past week. I would like to buy it and watch it again:

http://www.hidamari-movie.com/p/

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/21 22:23
陽だまりの彼女 is on sale from April 16. it seems to have no English subtitle.

いま会いにゆきます(now, I am coming to meet you.)English title is "Be with you".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LZ9wGcci4

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/21 23:36
i guess it not in sub :^*(

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/22 10:25
Great preview! I'll ask my fiancé about it and see what it's about. Thanks again, Ken! :D

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/22 17:03

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/22 18:29
You have been more than helpful, Ken, and thank you for your recommendation. :) I'll also send this link to my fiancé to have her read and translate it to me. I really hope I can study Japanese and learn it after a dedicated several years. :) then that way, I don't have to bug her all the time about things like that.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/22 21:05
there is English sub. the movie is divided into 6 parts
PlayList 1 動画:
click videobug[1], (the first part)
open a new window. click close Ad. then push arrow to start.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/22 21:16
this site has a lot of anime, drama, and movies.
moreover, some have English subtitles.
Enjoy them.

Re: Does Anyone Know this Movie or Show? 2014/4/23 01:03
Wow, I just finished watching it, and you're right. After watching it the first time, I kinda got what it's about, but there are some things I don't understand. I'll watch it again soon and perhaps I'll be able to understand it fully. Overall it was a great movie, Ken! Thank you so much for sharing it with me! It really touched my heart as well!! :'D

reply to this thread