Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/17 13:54
Hi,
Our family just got back this morning from our Japan holiday.
Unfortunately, my son left the video cam in the Shinkansen to Kyoto (on our way to Amanohashidate) the day before our flight out. We reported this as soon as we realised it but unluckily, even if the video cam was found, we were told to go to Tokyo which was no longer possible as we were flying out from Kansai Airport the next day @11am. The staff at JR Kyoto Information said that Tokyo Lost&Found will keep it for at least a week then it will be handed over to Police. When we got back to Shin-Osaka that night, we also went to the Police station to report the loss. I would like to make contact with the Shinkansen Tokyo Lost&Found - send them all the proof they need from us regarding the video cam. Our holiday memories is in there..
by Mary JANET Diego (guest)  

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/17 16:07
I did not find the e-mail address.
Number of this place is English-speaking.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/customer_support/infoline.html
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: contact for JR-Central Lost & Found 2014/4/17 16:43
Tokaido Shinkansen (connecting Tokyo and Shin-Osaka) and the Shinkansen zone in Shin-Osaka are operated by JR-Central.
Please note that both JR-Central and JR-East have Shinkansen tracks in Tokyo, and both JR-Central and JR-West have offices in Shin-Osaka.

A railroad operator which has many passengers cannot immediately register a lost item to its management system.
The police in Japan keeps a lost item for about three months if no one claims it.

The Lost & Found center in Shin-Osaka Station (on Shinkansen) of JR-Central has a phone number for passengers. You can find the number beginning with 06 in this webpage.
http://railway.jr-central.co.jp/left/index.html#tlt
The first 0 should be omitted in an international call. For details, check "From Abroad to Japan" in this article.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223_how.html
If the lost video cam is already on the management system of JR-Central, it is logically possible for the staff in Shin-Osaka to check it even if it is kept in the center in Tokyo.
I suppose photos / movies inside the video cam might identify your son.

Do you remember which Shinkansen train you took?
If your Shinkansen train has been a Hikari train with a 3-digit number beginning with 5, it was scheduled to run only on Tokaido Shinkansen.
Many trains run on both Tokaido and San’yo Shinkansen via Shin-Osaka. Items lost on these trains may be kept by JR-West, which operates San’yo Shinkansen.

A Lost & Found center of a major railroad operator does not have an e-mail address for all passengers, which sounds to me natural. If everyone who lost something can send an e-mail, the server will be overwhelmed by too many e-mails.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/18 22:03
Many thanks for your quick replies.
Called the JR East English line for non-Japanese yesterday but lady who answered said the train we were in is covered by JR Central not JR East and they do not have the same 'English' service.
She did say as well that it may be handed to Police after 2 days therefore it might be best to follow-up with the Police at Shin-Osaka where we filed the report. Police officer who attended to us gave me a piece of paper with a reference no.
by Mary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost and Found 2014/4/19 12:33
It sounds better to ask police departments of Fukuoka Prefecture and of Tokyo Metropolis, through that of Osaka Prefecture.

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/21 23:29
Thanks for that but not sure exactly what you mean?

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/22 08:29
I think if you give me write the date and the number and name of the Shinkansen train you got on, that there is more clue. Thus it can help you if may be examined at any police Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka by doing so. In a short time, lost something that was delivered to the police will be published on their website.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/25 16:18
We were on Hikari 460 that day
I called Yodogawa Police today and after 3 phone calls they gave me this no. 03 3814 4151 for the Tokyo Metro Police Lost and Found but when I call that number, it's all Japanese and it's a recorded voice answering. I do not know what to do next as I don't understand the message being played

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/25 17:53
Thank you for the information.

That can be seen from it, the train because it is Tokyo Station terminus, if it has been found in the car, it might have been delivered to the Metropolitan Police Lost and Found Center.
The above reasons, I guess police officers of Yodogawa Police had to tell you the number of the center of Tokyo.

You might already know, lost something of its bullet train in is registered in the database of JR Central once. Then, it is sent to the center of the Metropolitan Police.

If possible, it will help the solution is to call to the center from person who speak Japanese someone. You need to ask him or her to call for the following description, situation, train name and date and time have lost it, color it, manufacturer name, model number, then, you are a notification already Yodogawa police.

Because it is just as responsible for ensuring rigorously that you are the rightful owner for them.

As far as I have found on the web site of the police, the video camera has three picked up in Tokyo Station this month. I do not know whether they are the ones of you. Prevent fraud, only brief information is displayed there.

I wish a speedy resolution.

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/25 18:16
Call again to 03-3581-4321 (no robot voice)
NO 03-3814-4151

I dont know lost date but no listing as from JR Tokai[JR東海] trains.
As Not trains(means station) 1 item(6 APR) found.

[Lost item search] http://www1.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/syutoku/search.php
1) click [同意します(I agree)]
2) select lost item info
-date
-place[鉄道 - 01:JR]
-item[20:カメラ類 - ビデオカメラ)
3) click [検索(search)]

問い合わせ番号(contact number) : item number
by Edoc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/25 18:34
03-3581-4321 is the phone number of the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police Department. I hope that there is a person fluent in English.

And, lost-and-found center because it is the business of 8:30 to 17:15 weekdays only, no one even to call 03-3814-4151 at the time of the other.

Re: Lost and Found 2014/4/25 20:25
We were on Hikari 460 that day

When were you on Hikari 460?
A telephone attendant of JR Central said a video camera was collected in a Tokaido Shinkansen train, then was kept in Tokyo Station, then was handed to the lost item center of Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.
This item seems to have not yet been registered to the website of MPD.
When this item appears on a list in the website, you can know the contact number for it and make an inquiry.

Anyway, a difficult problem is how your son retrieves the video camera even if it is found.
A third person cannot receive it instead of your son unless he entrusts the person with the task (and the person proves that).
Maybe your son can entrust a police officer of MPD with this task, but it is not clear whether the found video camera can be sent overseas immediately.

I recommend keeping secret some features of the lost video camera which a third person cannot easily guess.

Re: Email contact for JR Tokyo Lost and Found 2014/4/25 21:13
It is my experience. When dropped on the street the key to my room, asked them to on the basis of the article number of the web site of the police, one of them is to check whether the key of my own, but it was turned down . Information of the web site is intended to be strictly informative, it can be seen from my experience, is that we can not reclaim it to pick up from them.

I think lost article even if found, return procedures and is performed after it was rigorously confirmed personal information and the circumstantial evidence when it is dropped.

reply to this thread