Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/17 17:54
If i go for 7days jr pass i still have 4 days to go. I plan go kumano ,koyasan,yoshino then to nara and kyoto after return to osaka. Should i go for 14days jr pass? Worth it?
by free29  

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/17 20:00
no, neither! Look at Kansai only passes, Koyasan pass, etc.
by such (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/17 21:31
The above poster is correct. DO NOT buy the JR Pass, because I would be a waste with your itinerary!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/17 22:39
You may be too late for the Sakura in Yoshino.
When I left Kyoto on April 11, the Sakura was pretty much over with blossoms completely gone from some trees.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/22 15:50
Actually i hv 10days in japan. Originally i plan i will get 7days jr pass but i still hv around 4days in kansai area thats y i hv think about to get 14days jr pass or 7 jr pass + w pass. W pass available? I had read some information w pass thats no more
by free29 rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/22 15:51
Actually i hv 10days in japan. Originally i plan i will get 7days jr pass but i still hv around 4days in kansai area thats y i hv think about to get 14days jr pass or 7 jr pass + w pass. W pass available? I had read some information w pass thats no more

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/22 16:54
You've been advised already, but to reiterate.....
As you are only staying in Kansai, you would be a fool to spend nearly 30000 yen on a rail pass when your travel costs won't even reach a third of that. Use hyperdia.com and add it all up for yourself.
by such (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/22 21:30
If you want to waste your money, then go for it. But we've told you that your itinerary does not warrant use for the JR Pass....
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/22 21:59
W pass was discontinued.
http://www.kumano-travel.com/index/en/action_ContentsDetail_Detail/id1...

I think other people also seem to be saying, if you travel to the Kansai area only, and should not buy a Japan Rail Pass. If you had to buy, it would be Kansai Wide Area Pass. However, you have to pay separately, in order to go to Yoshino and Koyasan.
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai_wide/

by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/23 14:56
Thanks

Re: Should i go for 14days JR pass 2014/4/25 18:07
Kansai thru pass...can buy at kansai airport at travel desk...3 days use for wide area in kansai for 5000 yen..worth it.
by skysurf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread