Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting a Wire Transfer from America 2014/4/18 06:19
I need to get a wire transfer from America to my Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ bank (三菱東京UFJ銀行) savings account.

I believe the SWIFT code is BOTKJPJT.

The problem is they fired all their English speakers in order specifically to make my life miserable and no one knows the Japanese translation for A. B. A. Routing # and Sort Code.

#1: Does A. B. A. routing even exist in Japan? I don’t have a checking account so I don’t see how I could have one anyway.

#2: Sort Code? It is just the U. K. version of an A. B. A. routing number, right? Doesn’t exist in Japan?

If I need either the A. B. A routing number or Sort Code (I expect not), how would I get this from a Japanese worker at the bank over the phone?

Also, what would be the formatting for the account number?
Let’s say my information is:
Branch Code: 020
Account Number: 1234567

Their form only has one line for my account number/IBAN#.
How should I format this?
#A: Branch #020 Account #1234567
#B: 020-1234567
#C: 1234567-020
#D: 020 1234567
#Z: ??

Thank you,
L. Spiro
by Shawn W  

Re: Getting a Wire Transfer from America 2014/4/18 13:05
https://faq01.bk.mufg.jp/EokpControl?&tid=10879&event=FE0006&searchTok...

bank name The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ,Ltd.
swiftcode BOTKJPJT
branch name
your accout number xxx-xxxxxxx
3digits = branch code
7digits = your account number
your name.

ABA is not necessary.

if you want to get money in USD, you must open gaika-yokin(USD) first. you should inform your gaika-yokin account number. otherwise, your money, which is wire-transferred from US, will be exchanged automatically in YEN.

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a Wire Transfer from America 2014/4/18 22:05
That link seems to have all the information I needed including the format of the bank account.

Thank you,
L. Spiro
by Shawn W rate this post as useful

reply to this thread