Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bus from kitaoji station kyoto 2014/4/18 21:40
In this website's write up about Kinkakuji, it says it is faster to take subway to Kitaoji Station and then either take bus or taxi to the temple itself.
My question is, the bus number from Kitaoji station is the same one from Kyoto station. Won't the bus be full already by the time it reaches Kitaoji? I'm just assuming the bus originates from Kyoto station, I don't know if that is correct though.
by lalainec2003  

Re: bus from kitaoji station kyoto 2014/4/20 20:43
Kitaoji Bus Terminal is between Kyoto Station Bus Terminal and Kinkakuji Michi bus stop on Lines 101 and 205.
So, if you take a bus for Kinkakuji Michi on Line 101 or 205 in Kitaoji, that bus is approaching Kyoto Station.

From Kitaoji Bus Terminal (under the ground)
: A bus ride from Kitaoji to Kinkakuji Michi is for about 10 minutes.
: Buses for Kinkakuji Michi and Kyoto Station running on Line 101 depart at Bus Stand F.
: Buses for Kinkakuji Michi and Kyoto Station running counterclockwise on Line 205 depart also at Bus Stand F.
: Also buses on Line 204 run for Kinkakuji Michi, which depart at Bus Stand G and do not run for Kyoto Station.

Near Kinkakuji [Rokuonji] Temple are five bus stands of two bus stops: Kinkakuji Mae and Kinkakuji Michi.
- Map for bus stands near Kinkakuji
http://www.city.kyoto.jp/kotsu/busdia/busstop/image/kinkaku.gif
: Kinkakuji Temple is located at the upper left in the map.
: The three bus stands in the right half of the map are of Kinkakuji Michi.
: Buses running from Kitaoji and for Kyoto Station use the bus stand indicated as No. 1 among the three in the map.
: Buses running from Kyoto Station use the bus stand indicated as No. 3 in the map.
: The numbers of the bus stands in this map are probably not shown at the real bus stands.

From Kyoto Station Bus Terminal
: Buses for Kinkakuji Michi running on Line 101 depart at Bus Stand B2 and are scheduled to reach Kinkakuji-michi in about 35 minutes.
: Buses for Kinkakuji Michi on running clockwise on Line 205 depart at Bus Stand B3 and are scheduled to reach Kinkakuji-michi in about 40 minutes.
- Map of Kyoto Station Bus Terminal
http://www.city.kyoto.jp/kotsu/busdia/busstop/image/kyoto_sta.gif
: Kyoto Station Building is near its south end (= bottom of the map).

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

P. S.: typos 2014/4/20 20:49
"Kinkakuji Michi" and "Kinkakuji-michi" in my previous message refer to the same bus stop.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: bus from kitaoji station kyoto 2014/4/21 15:47
Thank you very much Omotenashi.

On a separate topic, thank you again for posting the detailed instructions on transfer from Umeda to JR West to Kyoto. It was very clear!
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread