Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/19 14:06
Hi,

On May 10th I will go to Shinanoomachi for my Alpine route trip, On May 7 I spend my time around Tokyo.

Do anyone know where to buy boots, in Tokyo, prefer the cheap ones :D
On May, Is there any shop selling winter equipment from "last season" winter ?

I try googling it, and bumped into "Yasukonidori", a place, a shopping street consists of skiing equipment. I just need the coat, gloves, and the boots, maybe some scarf and hats, not the whole skiing equipment.

Anyone can help ?

Thanks

by Hanhanid  

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/19 15:00
The skiing equipment sell begins in January and ends in March or early April. The mountain climbing season begins in Mid-April.

Do you want to buy a pair of climbing boot or ski boot?

Move Shinanomachi to Ochanomizu station by JR Sobu line, then move to the south about 7 mins walk. There several sporting equipment stores located on Yasukuni-dori Avenue for both cheap and expensive mountain and skiing equipment.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/19 15:21
Thanks for your reply,

I need to buy boots for snow, not for skiing, just walking around, I guess. Maybe I'll use that in my next trip too to snowy country.

by Hanhanid rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/19 15:54
Snowy boots something like these?
http://www.abc-mart.net/shop/c/c6008/

You may find trekking or mountain boots in sporting stores in Ochanomizu area but snowy boots in May..... visit ABC marts in Shinjuku east area(not West area) or some other large department stores shoes sections. I don't think many of shoes stores will sell snowy boots in May(the season is already ended).

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/20 16:41
Thanks for your info,

I check their site, stating "Rain Boots", Can we use it for Snow ?

Thanks
by Hanhanid rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/21 15:31
Rain boots are made from rubber to protect from water. It widely used in fish market or store. You can be used rain boots in snow but is not warm. I recommend you to purchase a pair of snowy boots if you like to use it in snow field.

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/28 15:49
ABC mart shoe store has a few locations within Tokyo so it maybe the easiest to go there.
You can ask for "outdoor boots," which will give you sufficient snow traction.

http://www.abc-mart.net/shop/c/c5903/

The least expensive ones are the Timblerland brands at the bottom.

*You'll slip on snow if you wear the rubber rain boots!
by azukiparfait rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Equipment in Tokyo 2014/4/28 16:45
No need for expensive trekking boots if you're just walking the snow corridor. Rain boots will work fine if that's what you've got, but a cheap pair of winter boots will be more comfortable and supportive. At a minimum, wear a good pair of sneakers with water-resistant uppers, and bring an extra pair of warm socks just in case.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread