Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/19 21:01
Hi,

I have searched on the internet that when I go to Kamikochi, I need to take bus and go to Tourist Sight-Seeing Center to book my return trip.
What I need to know is there any bus from that Tourist Center to Taisho Pond? I've seen a bus stop sign on the map but no information whether there is a shuttle bus to go around Kamikochi.

Thanks!
by Marry Kusuma  

Re: Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/20 10:50
What I need to know is there any bus from that Tourist Center to Taisho Pond?

Yes, some buses leaving the tourist center (Kamikochi Bus Treminal near Kappa Bashi) stop at Taisho Pond allong the way. Inquire with the tourist center.

Alternatively, it is a very pleasant 60 minute walk from the bus terminal to Taisho Pond. See a map here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6040.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/20 20:39
Thanks, Uji for your help.
Do I need to pay additional fare for these buses?

and also is it easy to communicate with them in English for the inquiry?
by Marry Kusuma rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/21 08:09
Do I need to pay additional fare for these buses?

In addition to what? If you have some kind of pass that covers the buses to/from Kamikochi, the ride will be included. If not, then you will have to pay the fare for each section traveled, including the one between the bus terminal and Taisho Pond.

and also is it easy to communicate with them in English for the inquiry?

I am not sure. But at a place like Kamikochi I suspect that there may be one person at the tourism information desk that can communicate in English. I could be wrong...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/21 11:32

I have searched on the internet that when I go to Kamikochi, I need to take bus and go to Tourist Sight-Seeing Center to book my return trip.

is it easy to communicate with them in English for the inquiry?

​I am not sure if reservation for bus ticket is necessary.

Firstly Tourist Sight-Seeing Center is for information only. They do not sell bus tickets. In addition, no problem with English language here. The Lady I spoke to that day had an excellent command of English Language.

Secondly, bus terminal is just minutes walk from the tourist information center. Interestingly the day I was leaving for Hirayu onsen, the lady in the bus ticket office instead of selling me ticket, she directed me to a machine outside the office. I ended up buying the ticket from that machine. I have the impression that bus ticket reservation is not necessary

What I need to know is there any bus from that Tourist Center to Taisho Pond?

​All buses leaving Kamikochi bus centre will pass Taisho pond , and some will stop at Taisho pond bus stop.
The day I visited Kamikochi I noticed many people got off the bus at Taisho pond bus stop. Probably they were day trippers, as they virtually had no luggage. They probably planned to hike all the way to Myojin pond and caught a bus back from Kamikochi Bus centre.
I instead opted for the bus centre, left my luggage at the hotel and walked slowly to the Taisho pond. It was a beautiful walk, took about 60 minutes. And then I took a bus back to the bus centre. The bus fare for the bus centre from Taisho pond, if I am not mistaken, was about ‰~ 600
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tourist Centre to Taisho Pond 2014/4/21 12:03
Hi All,

Thanks for your help.
I think I need to explain a bit about my plan :) I'm sorry.

I will do a day trip from Matsumoto and according to this website http://www.kamikochi.org/articles/featured-articles/33-matsumoto-to-ka...

I can buy a return tickets from Matsumoto Station and they recommend that after I arrive in Kamikochi, I need to go to Tourist Center and book for my return trip back to Matsumoto.

After getting the return trip in my hand, I plan to explore Kamikochi starting from Taisho Pond and walking all the way until Myojin Area and go back to Tourist Center at around 4 or 5 PM.

I'm open for any kind of advice on how I can explore Kamikochi efficiently.
But hearing that there is person who can speak English relieved me :)

Thank you again for your help. Really appreciate it :)
by Marry Kusuma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread