Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 10:48
Hello,
In Hyperdia, it advises to change at Shin Osaka from the Midosuji Line to JR Line for Kyoto.

I still remember Omotenashi's advise that the subway and JR access in Shin Osaka are located far apart. We are traveling with luggage.

Is there another subway station where it would be more convenient to change trains bound for Kyoto?

Thank you.
by lalainec2003  

Re: Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 11:54
I still remember Omotenashi's advise that the subway and JR access in Shin Osaka are located far apart. We are traveling with luggage.

It's not that bad. About a 5 minute walk with escalators provided all along the way.

Alternatively, you could consider traveling via Yodoyabashi and the Keihan Railway. Keihan Railway stops at multiple stations along Kyoto's Higashiyama. The transfer at Yodoyabashi is quite short and easy.

It depends a little on where around Higashiyama you will be going.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 12:17
thanks Uji, will take the Shin Osaka route then. It sounds less complicated :)
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 17:17
We are traveling with luggage.
will take the Shin Osaka route then.

You can choose a much shorter and simpler transfer between Umeda Station (M16) and Osaka Station. (You will travel from Esaka (M11), so taking the route via Shin-Osaka (M13) might result in arriving a little earlier to Kyoto Station.)

Umeda & Osaka route
: You can exit subway at Umeda Station (M16) through one of the central exit gates and go upstairs by escalator to Exit 9, which is around the northeast corner of Osaka Station. Then you can turn left, proceed a little, enter JR-West through Midosuji Gate on your right, and go upstairs by escalator / elevator to the platform for Tracks 7 and 8 / for Tracks 9 and 10.

Shin-Osaka route
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/routemap/pdf/stat...
: You can exit subway at Shin-Osaka Station (M13) through the central exit gate, which is shown in the lower left of the first map. Then you can go up a slope, proceed along TiS Shin-Osaka and JTB, go upstairs by escalator, walk past Central Gate (for Shinkansen), enter JR-West through East Gate on your left, and go downstairs by escalator / elevator to the platform for Tracks 13 and 14.

the subway and JR access in Shin Osaka are located far apart.

My phrase there was "are located aparth without "far"; I continued that Osaka Station and subway Umeda Station (M16) "are located close"; these are expressions for comparison. Asked about a way from Kansai Airport to Esaka, I suggested you would switch to JR in Tennoji.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+113121

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 19:44
Thank you Omotenashi. Yes, we are taking your suggestion to change at Tennoji instead for Kansai to Esaka route.

But for Esaka to Kyoto, I wasn't so sure and Tennoji wasn't an option anymore since it is farther along.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Re: Esaka Suita to Higashiyama Kyoto 2014/4/20 19:58
my mistake is interpreting "located apart" as "far apart" :)

reply to this thread