Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari and Sanzenin Ohara 2014/4/20 11:34
I know these are 2 very different places. But what would you advise a first time Kyoto visitor if the day's itinerary can only accomodate one of these sites?
Thank you.
by lalainec2003  

Re: Fushimi Inari and Sanzenin Ohara 2014/4/20 11:58
Fushimi Inari is much easier to access than Sanzenin and gets a much higher user rating than Sanzenin. In fact, it is the highest rated sight in all of Kyoto.

With that in mind, I recommend Fushimi Inari over Sanzenin.

The only reason why I would recommend Sanzenin over Fushimi Inari is if you wanted to experience a rural side of Japan. Although within the city borders of Kyoto, Ohara feels like the Japanese countryside.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari and Sanzenin Ohara 2014/4/20 12:22
thanks Uji, I would be interested in Ohara more for the rural countryside scenery than the Sanzenin actually. But i just wondered how much of it can I really see just by walking from the bus terminal to Sanzenin, or from bus terminal to Jakko-in.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari and Sanzenin Ohara 2014/4/20 13:55
The best views of the rural scenery can be seen between the bus stop and Jakkoin. The approach to Sanzenin, on the other hand, is mostly lined by souvenir shops. But it is also nice.

How much can you see? A few fields, houses and forested hills surrounding the valley.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread