Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Actuarial jobs in Japan 2014/4/20 12:16
Hi everyone,

I am a fresh graduate from Singapore and I am seeking to start my career in Japan. I majored in actuarial science, hence I hope to find out how is the demand for actuarial jobs in Japan and if it would be possible for a fresh graduate like me to be employed. I do not have proficiency in Japanese, however I am extremely willing to learn Japanese.

Thanks!
by davishere (guest)  

Re: Actuarial jobs in Japan 2014/4/20 14:03
To work as an actuary in Japan, or to be precise, to be hired as a professional actuary in Japan, you need to pass an exam by The Institute of Actuaries of Japan, held in Japanese.

http://www.actuaries.jp/

Possibly if you need to start out in the English language only (at least initially), you might want to look into getting hired by an international consulting firm, and ask that you be sent on assignments to Japan?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Actuarial jobs in Japan 2014/4/21 12:42
Hi ...,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Are you in this field yourself? Is it mandatory to pass IAJ's examinations before being able to get an actuarial job in Japan?

Would examinations passed under other associations such as Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK)or Society of Actuaries (US) suffice? I currently have 4 actuarial examinations passed.

Also, is there a demand for fresh grads at entry level positions and would employers be willing to sponsor for visa applications?

Thanks!
by davishere (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread