Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Alpine raining in June? 2014/4/20 17:16
I am keen to go to the Kurobe Alpine on 18 jun but worry that it rains a lot at Kurobe Alpine in Jun 2014.
Has anyone been up on Kurobe Alpine when it is raining? Will we be able to see the great scenery at all?
Hope I am able to get advices soon .
Thanks in advance.
by Kiwi (guest)  

Re: Kurobe Alpine raining in June? 2014/4/20 18:07
Indeed, the risk of rain is heightened during the rainy season.

Will we be able to see the great scenery at all?

When it is raining, visibility tends to be worse. It depends on the specific weather conditions. But I am afraid that there is a risk that you won't be able to see the surrounding mountains due to low clouds or otherwise bad visibility.

It is a risk that you face at any time during the year, but it is heightened during the rainy season in June.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine raining in June? 2014/5/19 22:08
Hi! I'm also going to the Alpine route but on 17-18 June instead. Can you please share how you will be getting there? I'm still trying to figure out the shortest route while trying to spend 17 night in the mountain (coming from Tokyo).

Thank you for sharing!
by Nytra rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine raining in June? 2014/5/19 23:41
You should watch the weather forecast on TV and choose a day when it's not raining.

JR Azusa Limited Express (3-hours) from SHINJUKU to MATSUMOTO, then a regular train (1-hour) or Limited Express (40-minutes) to SHINANOOOMACHI.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread