Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 day itinerary Japan 2014/4/20 18:00
Hello all,

already planning this vacation from november last year, now finally have the schedule ready and I was hoping some experienced travellers could check with me if this is 'do-able'.

Me and my feonce (we are from the Netherlands) going to Japan in juni for 13 days. Furthermore, we both do noth need much time somewhere. For example, we went to NYC for three days and that was enough for us! But, we are on vacation so it should have some 'relaxing' in it ;-).

We are open for suggestions, maybe I make some mistakes with visting locations (travel not so handy or so).

Thanks for your efforts :-)

Day 1

Arrival Narita 9:35 AM. Buy Suica card + Tokyo NEX Direct card.

Transfer to hotel in Shibuya. Relax from flight, and check out Shibuya / Shinjuki / Meiji Shrine and Government Building.

Day 2

Tokyo
Check out Asakusa, Tokyo SkyTree, Sensoiji Temple. Later in the afternoon travel to Odaiba.

Day 3

Tokyo (daytrip to Kamikura and Enoshima)
We have to make a choice here between Nikko and Kamikura / Enoshima. What would you guys suggest?

I think Kamikura and Enoshima have some more differences (see, temples, etc) instead of 'only' temples. We want to avoid 'temple-boredome'.

Day 4

Tokyo
Check out Ginza, Imperial Palace, Akihabara.

Day 5

Transfer from Tokyo to Hakone (90 Min - Odakyu Romance Car). (Hotel Kowakien) Go to Yunessun.

Day 6

Hakone (tourist trip day, the hakone 'round trip').

Day 7

Transfer from Hakone (odawara) to Kyoto (2 hours)

Go to hotel and then to Fushimi-Inari shrine. In the evening to Gion (our hotel is there) and explorere.

Day 8

Kyoto.

Check out Kinkakuji. More tips are welcome :-). I guess Kyoto Imperial Palace also?

Day 9

Transfer from Kyoto to Nara (30-45min) (and after visiting Nara this day travel to Osaka). Explore Nara. Arriving at Osaka Namba (30 min from Nara, kintetsu train) in the evening, go to Dotonbori.

Day 10

Osaka (Bay Area, Umeda building, Castle).

Day 11

Transfer from Osaka to Hiroshima (+- 80 Minutes). See the peace memorial park / museum. In the evening to Hiroshima down town.

Day 12

Hiroshima - Miyajima Island.

Day 13

Transfer from Hiroshima to hotel in Narita (4 hours to Tokyo).

Maybe do something in the midday / afternoon in Tokyo and then travel to a hotel in Narita for the flight in the morning day after? Some suggestions?

Day 14

Leave 11:00 AM back to the Netherlands.
by Muhke  

Re: 13 day itinerary Japan 2014/4/22 06:03
Hi Muhke,

All this looks possible, but a bit busy (from day 4 - 13 with a new hotel every 2 or less days)as far as moving from location to location. If that does not bother you, than you are great.

Kyoto is a beautiful place. Day 8 - consider going to Tenryuji temple (by the bamboo Groves)in Western Kyoto after Kinkakuji.

Day 11 looks good. For Day 8 at Miyajima - Are you planning to hike to Mt Misen? I would suggest taking the Daisho-in Hiking trail, it has the best views. There is also the Ropeway to take you to the top if you are not a hiker. Make sure to check out the Daisho-in temple (free admission).

Day 13 - think about checking out the area around Ueno Station

Have fun on your trip! I am sure you will have a great time.
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13 day itinerary Japan 2014/4/22 07:50
Day 2 - I recommend taking the boat from Asakusa to Odaiba. It goes along the Sumida River out to Tokyo Bay. It's about a 50 minute ride (I really enjoyed it, my husband slept).

Day 3 - I haven't been to Nikko, but here was our experience in Kamakura and I really enjoyed Enoshima: http://www.blaineanderin.com/day-trips-from-tokyo-kamakura/

Day 5 - Hakone, We loved the Hakone Open Air Museum. I highly recommend it.

Day 8 - I've heard the Kyoto Imperial Palace is soso, Nijo Castle is wonderful. My favorites are Fushimi Inari Taisha, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Gion, Pontocho Alley. More on Kyoto: http://www.blaineanderin.com/two-days-kyoto/

Other Tokyo recommendations:
- Tsukiji Fish Market
- Ueno Park + Ameyokocho Market
- Roppongi Hills Mori Tower
- Shinjuku Gyoen and Golden Gai

More on Tokyo: http://www.blaineanderin.com/where-to-stay-explore-photograph-eat-in-t...

by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: 13 day itinerary Japan 2014/4/22 07:59
National Grocery shop in Azabu is a great shop, it can be a little expensive, but they have a great selection.

http://www.national-azabu.com/e_shopping_area1.html

by Erin DB rate this post as useful

reply to this thread