Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/22 02:37
I have plan to go to Tokyo and Kanto on 28 Nov - 6 dec with my husband and 2 little kids. Could you pls suggest for my questions :
1. Will I still see autumn leaves?
2. I want to go to Nikko, Yokohama as separate day trip and spend 2 days 1 night at Nikko, and the rest in Tokyo. Can you pls suggest how I should set the itinerary to get the best cost plan on transportation cost ie. but JR Kanto pass or other.

Thank you so much
by Rae (guest)  

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/23 11:39
Check out this blog, they are few posts on exotic places near Tokyo

discovertokyo.blogspot.com
by TimNao rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/23 13:58
http:\\discovertokyo.blogspot.com
by TimNao rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/23 21:02
Thank you for your suggestion but I can not find the example of itinerary.
What I am looking for is the example itinerary trip for 8 days to travel see autumn leaves in a tokyo and around there.
Also I will be there during 29 nov - 6 dec, will I still see lot of autumn leaves there?

Thank you
by Rae (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/24 03:55
You will be in Tokyo during the peak time for Autumn leaves. So you should see lots of gorgeous foliage! Fall in Japan is beautiful.

www.hyperdia.com is the best website for details on train costs and schedules for all of Japan.

Great places to see autumn leaves in Tokyo:
- Meiji Shrine
- Rikugien Garden
- Shinjuku Gyoen
- Yoyogi park (next to Meiji Shrine)

For more on Tokyo: http://www.blaineanderin.com/where-to-stay-explore-photograph-eat-in-t...
by Erin DB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/24 04:00
Btw, Nikko will likely be past peak then - http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html .
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/24 09:12
Thank you for all suggestion

I went through hyper dis but I still can not finalize the trip on where should I go first to manage the best cost of transportation. Ie when should I buy JR Kanto pass, should I go to Nikki on first day etc

So if anyone could suggest on the draft itinerary for me like day 1 to xxx and day 2 to xxx etc along with what pass I should buy is deeply appreciated :)

Sorry to ask deep detail. This is my first time in Japan that I set the schedule by myself.

Thank you so much
by Rae (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo & Kanto autumn trip 2014/4/24 09:50
I'm not an expert in Japan as I've only been their once. A lot depends on where you're staying also. If cost is not a factor for you, Shinjuku might be the most convenient. In your case, I don't think any of the pass really pays off. I would just get ticket as I go. From an itinerary perspective, I would do the following if I have 8 days.

Day 1 - Arrive from Airport (Forgot the full name, I think it's Nex' pass 1500 yen).

Day 2 - Asakusa, Skytree, Odaiba

Day 3 - Ueno, Akihabara, Ginza

Day 4- Nikko (get the 2 day Nikko pass)

Day 5 - Nikko (return to Tokyo in evening)

Day 6 - Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya

Day 7 - Yokohama

Day 8 - Tokyo

The days are only meant as reference. You should plan it so that you're not visiting Nikko on a weekend. I hope that helps.
by Newbie2013 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread