Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Discount for elderly people 2014/4/24 16:05
I plan to bring my mom to Tokyo and its surrounding places

Any Discount pass for elderly person? for transport or entrance fee?
by jinxtraveler  

Re: Discount for elderly people 2014/4/24 16:41
Many places have discounts for people over 65.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Discount for elderly people 2014/4/24 17:40
Can you provide me some example?
is it for foreigners (not citizen)?
by jinxtraveler rate this post as useful

Re: Discount for elderly people 2014/4/24 18:11
Most museums, theme parks, gardens, and other places that charge an entry fee. The discounts usually apply to foreigners as well. You just have to show some proof of your age.

However, off the top of my head I do not know of any travel passes that offer senior rates.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Discount for elderly people 2014/4/24 20:16
As far as transportation discounts, they exist but those that I've seen have always been special limited time offers, so I have none specifically to suggest.

But attraction discounts exist. Not everywhere has them, but many places do. Entrance fee discounts are for anyone of the qualifying age group, both foreign and Japanese. You just have to look when you visit each place.

Discounts specifically for foreigners exist, such as the JR Pass and other transportation passes.

The area around Matsue has discounts for foreigners at many attractions.

Tottori has a 1000 yen taxi offer for those who reserve it at least a day in advance. It's a great deal, because you can reserve it for up to 3 hours and it can take you to the sand dunes, Hakuto Coast,Uradome Coast/Beach, and/or other sites in Tottori City.

The Ryoma Passport campaign provides discounts for anyone touring Kochi Prefecture.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread