Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shimanami kaido 2014/4/25 17:56
A group of us (4) will be doing the shimanami kaido over two days in August and I was wondering if anyone could help with a few minor details. I know it will be hot so got that covered.
I am travelling from Kyoto and after the finish a few of us will be going to Hiroshima and others to Kobe. So am I better to start at Onomichi and finish at Imabari or should we go to Imabari and cycle to Onomichi . Is there a difference. Also we are still deciding on where to stay to break our cycle adventure and were wondering if anyone had any suggestions
by genkijim  

Re: shimanami kaido 2014/4/26 03:42
I would go to Imabari and cycle back to Onomichi for two reasons. First you are more likely to get a tailwind going this way and second you are nearer the Shinkansen at the end. I cant speak for where to break the journey as I did it in a day.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: shimanami kaido 2014/4/26 06:49
thanks Stan. Going by your post two days should give us plenty of time to complete the cycle. Was it a big effort to do in one day ?
by genkijim rate this post as useful

reply to this thread