Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu rail pass to Kyoto and Ise-Shima 2014/4/29 00:07
Hi all! I will be in Nagoya next week and want to make a day trip to Kyoto and another day trip to Ise-Shima. How should I use the 3 Limited Express vouchers? 2 vouchers for Kyoto and 1 for Ise-Shima? Which train to travel back to Nagoya without the Express voucher?

Any extra tickets to purchase when I use the vouchers?

Will appreciate any infor to my queries.
by Cikgu Chin (guest)  

Re: Kintetsu rail pass to Kyoto and Ise-Shima 2014/5/1 09:52
Have you noticed a wide version?
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-krpw.html

I will be in Nagoya next week and want to make a day trip to Kyoto and another day trip to Ise-Shima.
Which train to travel back to Nagoya without the Express voucher?

When in each of the days will you leave each of the places?
(Please note that "Limited Express" and "Express" are different.)

2 vouchers for Kyoto and 1 for Ise-Shima?

You had better use at least 2 vouchers for your Kyoto roundtrip.
If you travel between Nagoya City and Kyoto City by Kintetsu lines avoiding Limited Express trains, a one-way journey may require over 4 hours.
No direct Kintetsu Limited Express train is available between Kintetsu-Nagoya and Kyoto.
You can use a Kintetsu Limited Express train between Kintetsu-Nagoya and Yamato-yagi, and a Kintetsu Express train (not requiring an additional charge) from between Yamato-yagi and Kyoto. In this case, a one-way journey requires about 2 hour 45 minutes to 3 hours.

Kintetsu-Nagoya and Toba / Shima-isobe / Ugata / Kashikojima is connected by a Kintetsu Limited. Express train, and a one-way journey to or from Kashikojima requires about 2 hour and 10 minutes. If you choose non-Limited-Express trains, a one-way journey requires about 2 hour 45 minutes to 3 hours.

Maybe you already know, but the fastest way to travel between Nagoya City and Kyoto City is to take a direct JR Shinkansen train, which requires less than 1 hour per way.
- How to travel between Nagoya and Kyoto
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3302.html?aFROM=2155_2158

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu rail pass to Kyoto and Ise-Shima 2014/5/1 21:41
Thank you very much for your reply. The information and your advice is most appreciated. Thanks again
by Cikgu Chin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread