Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/4/29 13:28
This question is related to using the 500 Yen all day bus pass. I've been researching online on how to use the pass and gotten confused. I am confused on how to use it. The official website http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html suggest that you insert the card in a slot next to the ticket number machine when you enter the bus and insert again in card slot next to the driver when you exit. However, there are so many sites out there that says you only insert the pass once in the card slot next to the driver when you exit the bus WHEN USING THE PASS FOR THE FIRST TIME (BLANK). The next time, you just have to show the driver and don't insert anything. Can you explain the difference? I'm guessing this has to do with different buses? Thanks.
by Terry (guest)  

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/4/29 16:49
Latter for the 500 yen day pass (you only insert the pass once in the card slot next to the driver when you exit the bus WHEN USING THE PASS FOR THE FIRST TIME (BLANK - date unprinted). The next time, you just have to show the driver and don't insert anything.)

As for the other buses not covered by the pass and the fare is not fixed, you collect a ticket from the rear when embarking and flash it to the driver when disembarking and be advised how much to pay. For buses which the fares are fixed (there won't be any ticket to collect at the rear), you just pay that amount when disembarking.
by CL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/4/29 17:44
Thank you so much. Very clear now!
by Terry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/4/29 22:32
When you take a bus in Kyoto between the stop inside the flat-fare zone and the stop outside the zone,
in a bus of Kyoto City you can insert your 500-yen bus card twice when you embark and when you disembark,
or in a bus of Kyoto Bus you can take a numbered ticket when you embark and show the ticket + your 500-yen bus card when you disembark (after inserting the card to set a date if you use it for the first time),
so that you can pay a bus fare only for the section outside the zone.
If you fail to use a valid transportation card in such a case, you need to pay the full bus fare.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/7/23 09:56
Hi i have another question about Kyoto bus pass. I can buy it ahead of time, like today and use it 2 days later, or do I have to activate and use on same day that I buy it?
and beside the Kyoto station, where can I buy the pass?
Thanks,Colleen
by colleen643 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/7/23 12:38
You can buy the pass in advance. It is only activated the day you start riding the bus.

Some hotels do sell the pass at the check-in counters. Same price. Do get the Kyoto City map from your hotel as well which indicates the various buses and their routes to the places of interests.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/8/22 11:36
How can I tell which buses are covered or not covered by the pass?
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus Day Pass 2014/8/22 12:23
One way to do so is with a map of the bus routes. The covered area will be marked with a border. If you're staying at a hotel, get it from them.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

reply to this thread