Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakushima: rental and Miyanoura Dake 2014/5/5 00:37
Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to rent camping equipment in Kagoshima (instead if Yakushima)? We only have 2 days in the island and I do not want to miss a bit, especially when I have time in Kagoshima.

Also, it is hard to find information about Miyanoura Dake trail. How long it takes from Shiratani Unsuikyo up to Miyanoura then back to Yakusugi ? I am not a expert hiker but not in a bad shape. We think about staying the first night at Shiratani Hut then the second night at Yodogawa or Ishizuka.
Your opinion?

Thanks from France
Noemie
by Noemy  

Re: Yakushima: rental and Miyanoura Dake 2014/5/26 10:07
Hi
It's very easy to rent camping equipment on Yakushima there are rental shops in the main town of Miyanoura and Anbo, so I think it will not waste your time, it is actually more difficult to rent gear in Kagoshima city! If you have time look at the website yesyakushima, they can prebook your rental equipment for you for free and also give you advice about trekking to Miyanoura dake.
by Helen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread