Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/10 20:21
I plan to fly into Sapporo and then take the train to Furano and spend 4 ,5 days (to be determined) Driving around the Furano/Biei area for photographs and just enjoying the countryside.
Should I base myself in Furano or split it up between Furano and Biei?

Can i pick up a rental car in Furano?

Thank you.
by happyshirt  

Re: Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/11 07:22
Using one base for both would inevitably involve some driving back and forth but it is feasible as Furano and Biei are not far from each other. We didn't mind changing hotels and spent 1 night each in Furano and Biei.

Toyota rent-a-car in Furano:
https://rent.toyota.co.jp/shop/detail.aspx?rCode=61101&eCode=009&udFlg...

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/13 12:12
I could split it up into maybe 2 nites at each town then.
Thanks for the information.
by happyshirt rate this post as useful

Re: Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/13 12:13
Sorry 1 more question for solo traveller would the 660cc car be sufficient or should i opt for a compact. I like the look of those square-is refrigerator 660cc cars they're cute :)
by happyshirt rate this post as useful

Re: Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/13 13:30
Not sure if your on a budget, have you checked out renting a camper car in asahikawa? I did. They are expensive though.
by Rodney (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Base and pick up rental car in Furano? 2014/5/14 02:14
I have doubt about using a 660cc car in Biei. Although not exceptionally steep, Biei is quite hilly. Personally I will opt for one above 1000cc.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread