Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Koyasan, Koyasan to Kii Tanabe 2014/5/16 09:34
Hey guys! I was wondering if I could get a little help with this route. My buddy and i (we have jr passes) are staying one night at mt koya, then off to tanabe the following day. Would it make sense to get a koyasan heritage ticket if we're not returning to namba station? We were looking at going from koya station to hashimoto, then jr to tanabe via wakayama. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
by bigmac (guest)  

Re: Tokyo to Koyasan, Koyasan to Kii Tanabe 2014/5/16 21:03
That's EXACTLY what I did last year, except that I ook the Limited Express to Kii-Katsuura Station, instead of Tanabe.

There are other perks on the Koyasan Heritage pass, such as unlimited bus transport while on Koyasan, so I just paid for the heritage pass, and only used it to go the Nankai train to go to Koyasan from Namba, part of the way back to Namba.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Koyasan, Koyasan to Kii Tanabe 2014/5/17 05:51
Thanks again man! Thats exactly what we'll do
by bigmac (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Koyasan, Koyasan to Kii Tanabe 2014/5/17 08:51
I think the ticket is to be convenient for your trip. If you purchase it, you do not have to pay a fee every time you ride the train, the cable car and the bus, then, a admission fee of four facilities of Koyasan area is to discount, there is a discount to the shopping at three stores.
You do not buy the ticket, then even paid normal rates of transport of each, spending is about the same.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread