Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Lake Motosuko and Oshino Hakkai 2014/5/17 00:03
I would like to make same day trip to Lake Motosuko and Oshino Hakkai. Is it possible to do it in one day? How should I get to these two places of interest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TangYP
by tangyp  

Re: Shinjuku to Lake Motosuko and Oshino Hakkai 2014/5/18 10:36
I would like to make same day trip to Lake Motosuko and Oshino Hakkai. Is it possible to do it in one day?

Yes.

How should I get to these two places of interest.

The easiest would be to rent a car. Access to Lake Motosuko by public transportation is inconvenient and complicated. Access to Oshino Hakkai is only slightly less inconvenient.

Some highway buses from Tokyo go all the way to Oshino Hakkai. From there you would have to take two buses via Fujisan Station to get to Lake Motosuko. The second bus tends to be particularly infrequent. Even if you make it to Lake Motosuko there is not much to do around the lake. The famous 1000 yen bill viewpoint is close to the opposite side of the lake from the bus stop.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread