Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/18 18:31
HI!

After advice from this forum I have booked one night at Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji.
A woman who is coordinator for International Relations Fujiyoshida City Hall was so nice to help me as the form was in japanese.
My question is (here she could not help me) do any of you know if the meals (we have 2 japanese meals) are to be ordered at a certain time. We would like to eat when we arrive hopefully around 6-8 pm and then again just before we continue our climb at around midnight.

All the mail I now get from the hut is in japanese, so it is a little difficult:-) Hope you can help?
by Ellegaard  

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/19 10:45
Dinner seems to appear in the order in which they were accepted.
Accepts, you might be arrived at from the hut.
Because not eat meal after 21:00, cases where it might make sense up to that time is good.
1:30 time,if you call out before departure, can you pass when you leave the hut in the morning.
I stayed in a different hut, but the curry dinner, breakfast was rice balls.
I ate at the summit in the morning.
In my case, because it was such a state of mild altitude sickness, there was no appetite too much.

by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/20 15:36
Hi Ellegaard,

Your meal at Goraiko-kan is served almost as soon as you arrive between 5:00-9:00 p.m. They will serve you in order of those that arrive first, but the meals are prepared well in advance so you won't have to wait long for your dinner to be ready.

For breakfast you're going to receive a lunch box, which you can eat in the hut before commencing your climb, or take with you to the summit and eat after the sunrise. The bento is given to you before you go to bed, so you won't have to wait for it to be served to you in the morning.

Cheers
by FujiMountainGuide rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/20 23:54
Thank you very much. Another concern, I'm a vegetarian, is that a problem?
by Ellegaard rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/21 09:40
The only hut which I am aware of that serves a vegetarian dinner on Mt. Fuji is Fujisan Hotel. Goraikokan serves either hamburger or fish for dinner.

For breakfast, you can choose between the fish option or bread/granola bar.
by FujiMountainGuide rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/5/21 13:57
Great, fish is fine:-) Thank you
by Ellegaard rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/8/16 17:01
Hi,

I MUST inform people of the condition where you'll sleep if you book a night here in Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji ( or other station i think).

I spend a night there and couldn't sleep. You try to sleep very, very close to other people (you have about a 60 cm space for you). Sheets are wet (moisture, other people sweating,or whatever.. i dont know ...).

Rations of food are very small. My best advice is to not order breakfast, cause it's very small too.

And for all of that, you pay 7,500 yen in high season with 1 meal. 1000 yen more with breakfast..!

All this said, it is a big trap. I had to write a comment about this, so people could not be duped in future.

Sorry for my bad english. Hope all of this help.
by Arno (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Goraikoukan at Mt. Fuji 2014/8/16 17:50
Arno's description applies to most of the huts during the peak of the climbing season (especially mid August). The situation is much better in the shoulder seasons.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread