Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arrive Narita airport 3:30PM, travel to Kyoto 2014/5/19 10:19
I will arrive in Narita airport at 3:30 PM. After custom check, do i have enough time to travel to Kyoto by Shinkansen train on the same day? Approximately what time will I arrive at Kyoto station?
by Lan (guest)  

Re: Arrive Narita airport 3:30PM, travel to Kyoto 2014/5/19 16:01
Takes an hour or so to get to Tokyo Station and another 3 to get to Kyoto if you're not using the Nozomi service. Last trains to Osaka (terminus) tend to leave about 9pm-ish....
by X (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrive Narita airport 3:30PM, travel to Kyoto 2014/5/19 17:09
You have enough time to reach Kyoto by rail unless your flight / immigration procedure happens to be delayed much.

The last regular westbound Shinkansen "Hikari" train bound for Shin-Osaka (not Osaka) is scheduled to depart at 20:03 from Tokyo and at 20:10 from Shinagawa.
(When you travel with a nationwide Japan Rail Pass, you cannot choose the fastest "Nozomih service on Tokaido Shinkansen. You can choose it if you travel with regular tickets.)
For a passenger from NRT, a transfer to Tokaido Shinkansen in Shinagawa is much shorter and simpler than that in Tokyo.

Your first station in Japan is ether Narita Airport Station or Airport Terminal 2 Station of either JR-East or Keisei.

A "Narita Express" train of JR-East can bring you to Shinagawa Station in about 70 minutes.
A foreign traveler can use a NfEX Tokyo Direct Ticket.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html
Seats of A "Narita Express" train requires reservation.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/customer_support/service_center.html
: Narita Airport {16:19} / Airport Terminal 2 {16:22} --[JR lines: Narita Express 36]-- {17:27} Shinagawa.
: Narita Airport {16:44} / Airport Terminal 2 {16:48} --[JR lines: Narita Express 38]-- {17:53} Shinagawa.
: Narita Airport {17:16} / Airport Terminal 2 {17:19} --[JR lines: Narita Express 40]-- {18:28} Shinagawa.
Each of these "Narita Express" trains is a two-destination train until reaching Tokyo Station, and has a part which does not make a stop at Shinagawa Station.

When you take a "Narita Express" train / a Shinkansen train, make sure to board at the correct car.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Arrive Narita airport 3:30PM, travel to Kyoto 2014/5/19 17:35
Yes. I've done this journey, arriving at Narita at the same time as you.

Use hyperdia.com to check train times.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread