Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR bus to Oirase Stream and Lake Towada 2014/5/20 13:00
Can someone let me know about ticket reservations on this bus:

- Can I reserve a ticket at Aomori station for a trip from Lake Towada to Sukayu Onsen and from Sukayu Onsen to Aomori?

- Will it be difficult to get on the bus from Aomori Station to Lake Towada on a sunday in June?
by guest1.2.3.4 (guest)  

Re: JR bus to Oirase Stream and Lake Towada 2014/5/20 19:10
I don't know about the onsen part, but I did take the bus from Aomori Station to Towadako. You can reserve it at any midori-no-madoguchi. Based on the number of reservations, they'll supply the correct number of buses.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus to Oirase Stream and Lake Towada 2014/5/20 21:27
I will comment on the case you do not have a Japan Rail Pass. If you have it, there is a need to reservation for the bus, but there is no need to pay a fare.

1. You have a plan to return to Aomori Station via the Sukayu Onsen from Lake Towada. In order of it, you should do buy a ticket to Aomori Station from Lake Towada at Aomori Station. Because it is possible to stop off at Sukayu Onsen.
In addition, you might know, JR bus company recommends that you apply for a reservation for a ride to the bus at Midorinomadoguchi of JR. Be booking it is possible if you want to ride from Lake Towada and Aomori Station. It is not possible to book if you ride from Sukayu Onsen.
Never specified the seat by applying for the reservation. The advantage of it, if the bus is crowded at Lake Towada or Aomori Station, you will be able to ride in preference.

2. Once you have a reservation, you will ride in it with certainty. If travelers are often, bus number is increased.

I add one more thing. If you do not buy a Japan Rail Pass, it is recommended that you purchase the Pass for the bus ride. It is named Aomori Hachinohe Towadako Free Kippu. You can buy it at the bus ticket agency of Aomori Station, and Midorinomadoguchi located in the station of JR Hokkaido and JR East.
Usually round-trip fare between Aomori and Lake Towada is 6,180 yen, but the Pass is 4,800 yen valid for two days.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread