Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 02:58
Hi,

You mention in your website about a 1 day Hiroshima pass that is available as below.

"Lastly, a one-day pass, which is valid on trams, the ferry and Miyajima Ropeway, is available for 1350 yen."

Is this still avaialble as I am unable to find any further information online.

Thankyou in advance
Thomas
by Thomas (guest)  

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 08:30
It only just became available in this form two months ago. Therefore, you won't find a lot of English information on it yet. Here is the information in Japanese:
http://www.hiroden.co.jp/train/joshaken/otoku.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 09:40
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 09:51
Sorry.
I was mistaken. As Uji said, there is no detailed information in English about your question. If present the Pass at the station of ropeway, you would be able to buy a round trip ticket of 1,350 yen.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 11:31
"Lastly, a one-day pass, which is valid on trams, the ferry and Miyajima Ropeway, is available for 1350 yen."

This description on Japan Guide is wrong. Now, Hiroden discontinues the Miyajima Free Pass 2 days and there are no Pass which covers the Miyajima Ropeway.

If you show One day trip card (840 yen for Tram and Ferry or 600 yen for Tram only), you can purchase a round-trip ropeway ticket at a discount price of 1350 yen instead of normal fare of 1800 yen. Therefore the total fare is 2190 yen if you travel by Hiroden Tram, Miyajima-Matsudai ferry and the Miyajima ropeway.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 13:14
Thanks for the help every one!

I am a bit confused as to wether the one day pass at 1350 yen is still available.

However assuming it's not and I am carrying a JR pass.

I can either take the 600 yen 1 day pass for trams together with the discounted 1350 yen 2 way ropeway ticket for a total of 1950 yen.

The second option and better one would be to take a 2 day pass which gives unlimited access to trams, ropeway and ferry for only 2000 yen.

However, I still hope the 1 day pass is available at 1350 as, I could simply use the JR loop line for free on day 1 and use the jr pass for the ferry on day 2 and have unlimited tram and ropeway rides on day 2.

Thomas

by Thomas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 14:41
The second option and better one would be to take a 2 day pass which gives unlimited access to trams, ropeway and ferry for only 2000 yen.

No, at present, they do not sell the 2 day pass including the unlimited ropeway rides. I think this is a kind of raise in price after the raise in the consumption tax in April.

If you have the Japan Rail Pass, you might better take the IR line to Miyajimaguchi which is more than twice faster than Hiroden Tram. If you start from the city center, Hiroden might have some advantages.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding 1 day Hiroshima pass 2014/5/31 18:24
Indeed, the information on japan-guide.com and my previous post were wrong. The page has been corrected in the meantime:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3404.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread