Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Should I Confess? 2014/6/3 00:03
I'm asian but am not a Japanese but he is. we work in the same company where he joined two years ago. Probably 4 months after i started working but we never talked to each other at all throughout the 2 years due to different department. We started talking to each other recently 2 months ago and gotten really close.
I never had feelings for him until recently.
I know that Japanese people do not like physical contact and at first he hesitated and avoided me but he became more open towards me and started soft punching others' arm jokingly.

Whenever we are alone he lets me get all physical towards him like pinching his face. If there are anyone around us he would usually avoid any contact at all. He told me last month that he likes talking to me because he felt eased when he does and that i understand him more than his family and never had anyone who understood him as well as i do.

We used to text each other about the most random thing but recently we stopped. Maybe because we are starting to get real busy from the projects from the company. He used to tease me alot. Few weeks ago he got really depressed and called me to talk and i drove over and talked till 5am.

Though judging from words, i may have a long shot to some people but we now only text about work. Even if we met each other we talked about work. I am not sure if i should confess or wait until the project ends, let everything settle down and do it.

He is a very serious character but very analog. Always guided by me and i teach him alot of things. I'm afraid if he only treats me as a bff. Do you think i should confess and see if i have a chance? Do you think i have a chance?
by SundayMondayDe (guest)  

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/3 11:20
Sure, why not.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/3 21:12
Leave him alone until he passes the busiest time. It's his duty to concentrate on his work. He will eventually talk again to you after that. Hope things go well on you!
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/4 00:17
I agree with Tokyo Friend,
Give him time to settle down after busiest days at work then you can confess him. Good luck. Sound like he like you.
by adventureguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/4 11:40
Thanks guys.
He lets me help him with his personal stuff. He came from Japan to my country actually so he has no friends other than the other Japanese colleagues or people from work and I'm the only person who is able to speak the language in our company.

From his housing, accommodation, utilities etc were all referred back to me. I am not the person to be in charged of his personal but he will ask me to do it anyway. sometimes in a way i felt used like a tool but yeah, having a crush on someone just makes you want to do it for them.

I just am scared that my timing to confess had just run off. Previously we would just text random stuff and LINE each other with random memes or pictures online that we find funny. Now i tried to send him funny pictures again and he never reply me anymore. He used to call me out for drinks and whenever he compliments me i always have an auto reflex of denying his compliments. I'm getting too shy from that so for an example he said that i'm a very nice person and i said no i'm not and he laughed at me for being a 'tsundere'.

at times he would tell me 'Sunao ni nareruyouni'. Please be honest to yourself. Then he will laugh at me for not being honest. All these were weeks ago almost to a month and now we remained as colleague relationship. I just felt as if my chance of confessing had just faded away.

Do you think i still have a chance even if i did confess to him after the project is done?
by SundayMondayDe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/4 16:19
Most guys love tsundere girls, so you shouldn't have a problem.
by reality (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/5 16:20
✈'Most guys love tsundere girls'
i LOL'd
but yes, go for it, but pick/consider the correct timing as per advised above
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/6 14:51
Maybe he got sick of complimenting you with no forward response back from you...You must "take the bull by the horns" so to speak and be more open with him. Fully express yourself and wait for the fallout. What's the worst that can happen...
by Big Ed The Talking Horse rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/6 19:14
See this is where us non-japanese think different. Work is important but,work is NOT everything Why wait until this project is finished? Don't know about you, but I need to deal with several projects at the same time. Don't use it as an excuse to postpone.

From what I've been reading, you've been taking care of him like a best friend - exactly what you don't want. maybe it's even too late now...
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/14 07:17
While work may not be everything to us Westerners, the OP must remember that it's a Japanese guy that she wants to confess to. If she wants to create the most advantageous environment to a confession (especially since she's unsure about his feelings), she needs to wait until he's not so busy with work. Wait for a lull. He'll appreciate her thoughtfulness. One of the things that my Japanese boyfriend likes about me is the fact that I'm always thinking about his situation and what he has going on, not just my own.
by amefuri rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/14 10:09
I think you should wait until he finish his project. I don't think he is into you tho because i feel like distance between you 2 but on the other hand he might had develop feelings towards you but doesn't want to accept it because of the circumstances or whatever reason, he might had backed up.

But pls let us know what you've decided. Good luck:)
by Iphone (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/6/14 16:55
Hi girl

it seemed to me that he treats you like a convenient friend to have. i think if he is romantically interested in you, he would have made his move earlier and not give you the cold treatment.

Life's too short to wait around for anyone, especially a nice young girl like you.

u go girl!

Cheers
Bearmama
by bearmama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/8 17:45
OP here.
I confessed to him and he was really ecstatic about it. He was happy yet nervous at the same time.

Thank you all for the comments and advice.

I am not dating him :D

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/8 22:40
great job for being brave enough to confess and you got a result. Now you can relax and go from there.
by adventureguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/9 00:05

You must have had a change of heart or something. After you confess, no date? or you do not want to date him?

Whatever, I hope it is for the best.
Goodluck!
by Sayuri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/9 02:50
Can someone explain what this means? Confession, positive reaction, but no date? I thought the whole point was to get to the dating stage after confession.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/9 03:02
ChicagoMike, my guess is that it is a typo. Not "not", but "now" instead. " I am now dating him ". The grin after the statement would otherwise be weird. I am confused too.

OP, congratulations!
by Minerva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/9 03:53
Well some people whatever the outcome is, they rather know than not knowing what would happen after a confession I guess. Not every confession end up in a date.

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/11 13:40
OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY EVERYONE HAHAHA

I DIDNT REALIZE THE TYPO.

I am now officially Dating him hahaha

Re: Should I Confess? 2014/8/12 00:31
Oh how dare you mess with us lol jk congratz and good luck :)

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread