Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/7 21:26
Hello. I have heard that it is possible to reserve a seat for these firework displays? Does anyone know how to do so from outside Japan? Is it something that I could ask my hotel (in Shinjuku) to try to do for me? Thank you.
by rneate (guest)  

Re: Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/8 11:44
You can sit there from 1 a.m. of the fireworks day. This is only the way you can do. The fireworks begin(normally) 19:05, ends at 20:30. So you need to sit and wait for 19 hours until its begin. It's illegal and take away if you keep the space for seating in advance by Police. Your hotel won't help you at all. This is because they need to sit and wait a space for you 19 hours.....
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/8 12:42
They have reserved seating (for a fee), but I believe the application for them has closed already for this year.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/8 12:46
Sorry the one for Sumida is already past the application due date, but the one for Tokyo Bay seems to be still available. If you have a way to get someone in Japan to buy from Pia (ticket agency) you might have a chance. (The reason why it has to be someone in Japan is because you need to go to a Pia ticketing counter/machine to pick up the tickets soon after booking.)

http://t2.pia.jp/feature/event/tkhanab08/tkhanabi08.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/8 13:39
Thank you! I don't know anyone in Japan, but I've contacted the hotel and I guess I'll have to wait and see if they can help. Otherwise, I'll just try my luck with a million other people trying to get a view on the day. :)
by rneate (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved seats Sumida and Tokyo Bay fireworks 2014/6/8 22:14
Tokyo Bay and Jingu Stadium fireworks can be purchased pre-booking seating but there is no pre-booking seating Sumida river fireworks.
The most area of sumida river side walks are ketpt as restricted area. You can't even stop and see. Police and arm guards keep saying "Don't stop, Keep walking".
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread