Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/6/10 18:26
I have few question in my furano-Biei trip.
1. What's the difference between "Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket" and "Lavender Express"?
2. Can i use Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket with normal JR train or it is special tourist train?
3. Where can i purchase this ticket?
4. Is it worth to visit Blue Pond? How difficult to visit there?
I plan to depart from Sapporo and return in the same day.

Thank you so much.
by Anya (guest)  

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/6/13 01:24
Answer
1. I believe one lets you go from the airport.
2. From Sapporo to Asahikawa it is JR. Asahikawa to the lavender train is JR.
Well, actually besides Asahikawa there are many stop by points from Sapporo. Basically expect one or two transfers on really old local trains. Sapporo to Asahikawa is the best train you would be getting.
The lavender trains have stations that are only functional during the lavender period and they may close early or not open on certain days! I missed mine (farm tomita station) and had to walk to the next, it ain't fun.

3. I purchased mine at Sapporo train station JR. Whether it is available elsewhere I can't say.

4. Never been. But the tourist information was highlighting that place as one of the must see places. It is walkable if you have the time. (40 minutes was what I was told, taxis might be the better choice)

I departed Sapporo at about noon after church and night at Asahikawa.
Considering the infrequent lavender trains, the transits to get there, and farm is not actually built next to the station (well the melon farm is); I would recommend getting a car. If you however, can't or won't drive, (Furano is said to be the most dangerous road in Japan and even locals fear it)
It is possible to view tomita farm and biei fields and another attraction.
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/6/13 10:30
Thank you so much Joshua.
I don't want to drive by myself as well. My plan for Blue Pond is the bus and i have to check bus timetable at front.
by Anya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/6/13 13:46
Furano station has a tourist information. They can help. You need to transit at Furano anyway from JR to the JR Furano (lavender trains). Unless your train is waiting for you, try the information counter. Useful maps and train/bus timings.

If not just hop on to the lavender train and find the station with the name lavender xx xx. It only operates during lavender season and serves both Farm Tomita (various flowers + Lavender), visible when you get off the train, and Lavender East (tons of Lavender) which requires a bicycle or bus ride.

Both destinations have lavender ice cream and drink. Melon ice cream and sliced fruit.

All in all, lavender is beautiful but the mountains in the East are fabulous and IMO are a better sight than the various flowers.
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/7/4 22:15
Anyone know where this can be bought and at what times of day?

I am flying in and arrive at about 9pm at the airport and leave the next morning at 7:20. I am worried that the tourist offices will be closed then and that I won't be able to get this ticket.
by Judith (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/7/4 23:19
In case you arrive at New Chitose Airport, the sales counter of the JR Station is open until 22:45. I think perhaps, that there is time to buy the ticket. The price of it from New Chitose Airport is 7,610 yen.

http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/ml/201405_e.pdf
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/7/8 00:17
If I buy the furano biei round tour ticket from chitose airport, using Ticket B to exit Sapporo station on the 3rd day to walk around Sapporo area. Can I still use back ticket B to my departure station I.e. Chitose airport?
by Josh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip ticket from Sapporo 2014/7/8 04:35
@Josh

After you have purchased the ticket in the New Chitose Airport station, when you return to using the B ticket from Takikawa direction to New Chitose Airport, it is possible to stop off only to Sapporo Station. In other words, you can return from Sapporo to New Chitose Airport by using the ticket B.

In addition, for round-trip between New Chitose Airport and Sapporo, it is necessary for you to use the local train or rapid Airport.
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/ml/201405_e.pdf
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread